At the moment i'm doing
chemistry
english adv
english ext
english ext2
maths
french
spanish

i do relatively well in most of my subjects but after the half yearlies my chem rank is about 8th/16 and it takes soo much of my time so i'm wondering whether it would kill my chances of getting a good uai if i don't do chem or even getting into med.. is it possible to get into med without chemistry?

i mean i usually do pretty well in chem but i kinda bombed out and i no i can get my ranks back but i really don't enjoy doing the subject..

wat do u guys think

tambourine

HSC
I think it is possible to get into medicine without chemistry..it is recommended but not a prerequisite. However, some universities (only one that I've come across though I've forgotten which) do make it a prerequisite. I myself am wanting to do medicine and I dropped chem last year. I'm pretty sure that you don't need it to get into med.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Drop it if you want. It mentally affects you if you try to shoulder something you hate. There are bridging courses at the beginning of the 1st year for students to intake basic knowledge of recommended subjects and I think the whole 1st year is to revise and upgrade high school's knowledge. Don't worry much about Chem, think about how you can get into Med first! The interview is hellishly dreadful! =((

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Only Bond, Monash and Utas has chemistry as a prerequisite. It's certainly possible to do med without chemistry. However you'll only have 10 units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)