Chemistry independent trial 2016 (1 Viewer)

jadegibo

HSC
hey peeps,
How was the chemistry trials for you? mine was pretty okay

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Isn't it a bit early to be sitting trials? And even it is, most people are on break, trying to either prep for hsc/trials.

leehuan

HSC
Isn't it a bit early to be sitting trials? And even it is, most people are on break, trying to either prep for hsc/trials.
Yeah I don't know why this conversation is being held in the holiday block. But some schools do have trials before the break.

@OP you can discuss the difficulty of the paper if you wish, however as Independents papers are specifically copyrighted please don't put an actual question on here in public.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I don't know why this conversation is being held in the holiday block. But some schools do have trials before the break.

@OP you can discuss the difficulty of the paper if you wish, however as Independents papers are specifically copyrighted please don't put an actual question on here in public.
I was more thinking of those who haven't done the paper yet, we don't wish to give some an unreasonable advantage either.

leehuan

HSC
I was more thinking of those who haven't done the paper yet, we don't wish to give some an unreasonable advantage either.
"Easy/Hard" is all relative to the person. I see your point though.

But either way discussion of the question is obviously not allowed so there's no copyright breaking and unjustified advantage.

johnkay

HSC
I finished my chemistry independent trial TODAY. it was okay. if you do chemistry and your school buys independent trial papers then:
- get redox states
- biopolymers dotpoint (5 mark)
- equilibrium and LCP (12 marks)
- know how to draw a flowchart (6 mark)
- sulfate content of lawn fertiliser (4mark)
- AAS and extrapoliation of graphs (8 mark)
and the rest is pretty easy. the above things, i struggled the most.

WHY AM I SAYING THIS?
because i am going to drop chemistry after our school finishes the course because my average is better in other subjects and the only reason i am doing chemistry is because i enjoy it the most.

SHOULD I BELIEVE YOU?
its up to you. i dont really care if you believe me or dont - you will find out when you do your chemistry exam

Last edited:
HSC
CHEM why would you drop it! its the best subject ever! :fish:
Also our school starts trials next Tuesday and I am stuffed; chem is the last exam and I haven't started studying for anything because my major work took way too long :(
my trial is going to leave me weeping on the floor at least thats what our chem teacher reckons, our bio teacher said that if a trial doesn't leave you crying or feeling like you're going to fail then you cheated or the exam wasn't set right. So long story short Im panicking.
Do you reckon you can get a good ATAR even if you fail your trials?

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Also our school starts trials next Tuesday and I am stuffed; chem is the last exam and I haven't started studying for anything because my major work took way too long :(
my trial is going to leave me weeping on the floor at least thats what our chem teacher reckons, our bio teacher said that if a trial doesn't leave you crying or feeling like you're going to fail then you cheated or the exam wasn't set right. So long story short Im panicking.
Everything is relative. You fail trials - but your cohort does really shit too? yay not so bad :D

johnkay

HSC
yes right now my average for chemistry is about 92% and in other subjects, it is 97-98% so of course i am going to drop it. i am preety sure that i am going to get a good atat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)