Chemistry of art anyone? (1 Viewer)

kini mini

HSC
Seems to me that hardly anyone is doing this elective. Is there anyone else doing it?

Me too! Our school is doing chemistry of art too.
All those electron shells!!!! Grrr...

Anyway, best of luck :)

kini mini

HSC
Yay, I'm not alone! I like Chem of art, it's more interesting and fits into Quanta to Quarks :D.

KingofthieF

exactly... all these bohr's model jumping electron stuff can be studied at once muhahaha~~ saves big time :D
the only crap bit is the history... so much memorising required!!
aha let me try one of these new smilies ~~ :argue:

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by KingofthieF
exactly... all these bohr's model jumping electron stuff can be studied at once muhahaha~~ saves big time :D
the only crap bit is the history... so much memorising required!!
aha let me try one of these new smilies ~~ :argue:
Yeah, but there's memory work everwhere. :)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Are most of you from Sydney Grammar? (I heard the majority of the Chemistry of Art people are from there)

R

randhi

Yeh there is, oh i do chem of art as well btw. such a fun topic!!

KingofthieF

wow

wow i can't believe this, after 2 years someone replied my message again ^^
well for all u 2004 HSC ppk doing chem of art, good luck!
Uni is so fun hohoho :p

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
hmm i didn't realise this thread was 2 years old.. i just replied when someone else revived it.
yeah randhi and i go to baulko, and cameron0110 too. 4 classes doing chem of art.

R

randhi

OH the joy of doing chem of art!!! yeh i never realised that it was 2 years old either but it was seeing ur reaction to someone replying. ah gave me a good laugh or giggle...

cameron0110

HSC
Yeah Chem of art! woohoo. I agree with kini mini though, there is too much memorisation involved. I mean what is the point in testing who can remember the most colours of chromium compounds. But other than that its not too bad.

nit

HSC
There's less memorisation for this option than most of the others though...and you also feel like you're doing "real" chemistry, which is always a reassuring feeling...

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
there is still a fair amount of memorisation in chem of art, but it is more real chem than shipwrecks... wish we did shipwrecks... it's so easy!!! (but also boring!)
then again, most of chemistry is just memorising... (doesn't make it any easier for me.)
so which schools do chem of art apart from sydney grammer and baulko?

R

randhi

i don't know its not that much to memorise, its just like an extension from monitoring section, okay okay maybe the first section of chem of art is memorisy but the rest really isn't, if u get it then its kind of like a story, alright maybe not the Bohr's atom. hmmm i think i'm a little wrong....

cameron0110

HSC
randhi said:
i don't know its not that much to memorise, its just like an extension from monitoring section, okay okay maybe the first section of chem of art is memorisy but the rest really isn't, if u get it then its kind of like a story, alright maybe not the Bohr's atom. hmmm i think i'm a little wrong....
Well you've convinced me... I'm just not entirely sure what of. The electron shell stuff in this topic at least is 'real' chemistry as everyone else has put it. The history of art section though at the beginning made me think I was doing some weird combination of visual art and history, both of which I didn't choose for a reason! I'm not entirely sure about the other option topics myself but I would have thought industrial chem or the biochem of movement would have been good, but then again we didn't get the 'option' of an option topic... that's irony for u.

R

randhi

yeh!!! some else that likes art and history!!! although i did drop art at the begining of yr 12 but that was only because the teacher was driving my bonkers. i have to agree i prefer chem of art to the other topics.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
We're doing real chemistry at UTS, and I'm enjoying it muchly. :p

For anyone who wants real science, stick it out until uni. Chem of Art sounds interesting, but I'll take organic anyday. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)