Chemistry or Senior Science? (1 Viewer)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Mind-Revolution said:
What makes him so special? The way he teaches or looks?
:eek: It's actually more to do with the fact he's really funny and a decent bloke, but why does it matter anyway?

SaraAmorosi13

HSC
I'd recomend doing what you enjoy. If ur enjoying chem, stick with it, but make sure ur gonna keep enjoying it. Think of what's enjoyable about it now and try keep that attitude going. If, however, you decide to go to senior science, make sure u enjoy that too, keep up with the coursework and such.

No point doing a subject you don't enjoy :)

Oh, and with teachers, i had a grand ol' chem teacher. We <3'd her muchly. Physics teacher was also great. She brought us food; knew how to keep us students happy.

:wave:

HSC
So I found out I could choose Senior Science *for sure*.

But after a long think...

I've decided to stick with Chemistry :) .

Thank you to everyone who replied to this thread, it really helped =].

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Same here with wrxsti, I got low 70s to 80s in my assessment tasks and exams but then were much higher in the HSC course.

Senior Science might be really exciting at the start and you may lead yourself to believe 'i'm going to ace this, it's so easy!', but then further down the year when you have finished the course it might be difficult to study for it since you've covered everything and it may not really be a challenge, especially during the Trials period and STU-VAC (Well that's what happened to me for Biology, it was so repetetive).
That's just one viewpoint.

Chemistry is a subject which has various challenges throughout since there are hard topics which require some calculating manipulations and problem solving and some content is also a bit hard to grasp. It's also one of those subjects which teaches you about modern technological advances like Biodegradable products, Climate Change, Ozone Depletion, renewable energy such as Ethanol - in fact it touches on the environment quite a lot (what the ecological problems are and ways to solve them). This might keep you going to try even harder in it and remain focused on this subject since it affects our lives now and in the future (well it did for me).

dumarab

HSC
Well to do chem in year 12 75% of stuff in year 11 is not needed but the stuff that is needed is

The simple equations ect ect
the molar concept and calculations
intermolecular forces (polar non-polar and H bonding ect ect blah blah!!
the carbon chem stuff

and thats all mate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)