Chemistry Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

TK123

HSC
does anyone know the order of acidity/basicity of organic functional groups

Interdice

HSC
does anyone know the order of acidity/basicity of organic functional groups
Is that required knowledge? All I know is that orgainic acids are acids and amines are bases

Interdice

HSC
More calcs. less writing?

btw has anyone memorized that shitty flame ion and the cation precipirate flowchart?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
View attachment 41160
why is this not C since the products will be polar and mix with water
the lower layer has the aqueous stuff that's orange-brown for the bromine that isn't the cyclohexene, while the top part is decolourised. the top layer is the cyclohexene that reacts with bromine to get decolourised, what's exactly in the bottom layer it escapes me but it's like water and stuff i believe. it's immiscible with cyclohexene so the diff layers are formed

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
the lower layer has the aqueous stuff that's orange-brown for the bromine that isn't the cyclohexene, while the top part is decolourised. the top layer is the cyclohexene that reacts with bromine to get decolourised, what's exactly in the bottom layer it escapes me but it's like water and stuff i believe. it's immiscible with cyclohexene so the diff layers are formed
the answer is B
ik it reacts
but idk why there is two layers
because 1,2-dibromocyclohexane should be polar and bromine water is polar

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
not that polar
oh and are we expected to know the polarity of every random as molecule? wouldn't it make more sense for the solutions to make us recognise that if it contains BR its electronegative and polar and hence it should be miscible in water?

carrotsss

HSC
oh and are we expected to know the polarity of every random as molecule? wouldn't it make more sense for the solutions to make us recognise that if it contains BR its electronegative and polar and hence it should be miscible in water?
It’s just a straight chained (well cyclo) alkane w bromine not that deep

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
I breezed through 2019 2020 and 2021 hsc but BRO WTF WAS 2022 FOr me HOW GALL SAYING 2022 was easy I literally found it the hardest. I got raw 85 for 2022
imo 2020 hsc had medium level short answers from the get go but nothing crazy hard. and the last math questions were easy af. like one was just simulatenous equations lmao.
2022 hsc was eazzz near the start and then the calcs near the end got harder that was my experience. but the only thing hard abt 2022 was just the calcs cus thats all i lost marks on...
2021 is a decent paper on the harder side with one hard calc
2019 is pis easy not worth talking about

rockydo4u

HSC
imo 2020 hsc had medium level short answers from the get go but nothing crazy hard. and the last math questions were easy af. like one was just simulatenous equations lmao.
2022 hsc was eazzz near the start and then the calcs near the end got harder that was my experience. but the only thing hard abt 2022 was just the calcs cus thats all i lost marks on...
Yeah just taalking about the end of 2022. Rest was easy but I was aiming for like mid 90s so it kinda caught me off guard. Just the soda question and swimming pool. Soda was idek i got like 60% of t he marks in those

rockydo4u

HSC
Why is raw for band 6 chem 2019 so low, like 80 is band 6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)