Chemistry Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

hungreypotter

HSC
have they ever tested that very last dotpoint on chemical analysis of softdrinks, medicine etc in mod 6 bc i cbb to learn it 😭

hb0623

HSC
have they ever tested that very last dotpoint on chemical analysis of softdrinks, medicine etc in mod 6 bc i cbb to learn it 😭
it was in last years' paper pretty sure, the 6 mark question about calculating the concentration of triprotic acid in the soft drink

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
Am i gonna lose marks for being too accurate in the hsc I swear 90% of trial papers do their calculations with rounded figures at each stage :mad:
Am i using the store button for nothing??
No, you will lose marks if you aren't that accurate though
HSC papers never round until the end
For calcs either write out fractions or all decimal places for working is my recommendation

rockydo4u

HSC
can they ask us to integrate alcohols over Carboxyl functional group

=ln(carboxyl) + water

HSC
guys what are the rules for hnmr splitting with like the h atom of a primary/secondary amine and the h atom of an alcohol/carboxyllic acid and stuff like that?? like do they split or not?? or is it different for each circumstance help

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
guys what are the rules for hnmr splitting with like the h atom of a primary/secondary amine and the h atom of an alcohol/carboxyllic acid and stuff like that?? like do they split or not?? or is it different for each circumstance help
Wdym?? I'm 90% sure that hnmr only shows hydrogen environments that are attached to carbons - OH's don't count
Pretty sure but you need to check that

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
its a separate h environment but no involvement with splitting

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
its a separate h environment but no involvement with splitting
Hang on is methanol 2 environments or 1???
H3COH --> does the CH3 count as one H environment and the OH count as another? I'm not bothered to google rn

ghreysantomy

HSC
Hang on is methanol 2 environments or 1???
H3COH --> does the CH3 count as one H environment and the OH count as another? I'm not bothered to google rn
Proton environments exist wherever there are protons present in the molecule, no matter what they're attached to. @carrotsss is right, there will be 2 peaks on the H-NMR spectrum for methanol.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
just did 2020 hsc
bruh that exam was soo sooooo eazzzzz idk why ppl saying its hard
i messed up on the stupid titration thing tho i drew a curve instead of two lines so ill probably lose like 3 marks there rippp but everything else was aboslutely ezzz

=)(=

HSC
just did 2020 hsc
bruh that exam was soo sooooo eazzzzz idk why ppl saying its hard
i messed up on the stupid titration thing tho i drew a curve instead of two lines so ill probably lose like 3 marks there rippp but everything else was aboslutely ezzz
wait how long did it take u

rockydo4u

HSC
2021 paper completed in 2 hours 91 raw, lost 4 marks in mcqs silly mistakes and rest was on the silly mistakes and the bloody nitrogen question synthesis talked about

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)