• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Chemistry Predictions/Thoughts (3 Viewers)

pancake15

HSC
Chem test is in a week, how is everyone feeling? ...... I think i am going to fail :)
Mann ive barely thought abt it with other exams LMAO I think im good as long as they dont hit me w a short answers involving cleaning action of soaps, polymers and long responses for ion testing

person3024

HSC
does anyone actually remember all of the cation and anion tests... or should i be cramming that

Ishi081

HSC
does anybody have methods to remember the ion testing and flame test. I literally cannot remember it

Ishi081

HSC
mnemonics/acronyms, the weirder the better

when in doubt about ion tests i just look at solubility constants on formula sheet and pick some random ion that precipitates with one of the targets but not another
do you have an example of acronyms or anything please?

saltedparsley

HSC
yes 🤣
thank you so much
do you also have any tips on how to remember polymers properties like ptfe, pvc, etc.?
not really, either rote memorise or try to kind of link bonding with physical/chemical properties. e.g. lots of hydrogen bonds = strong, stable at high temp etc as more energy is required to break the bonds

take my suggestions with a grain of salt as i myself am not incredibly good at chem

HSC
N/A
like how should i study for it? are yall js doing past papers or smthg else
also any memorisation techniques??
past papers hsc 2020 onwards, then do Sydney grammar trials to make you feel sad but realise the difficulty can only help you in the lead up to the real thing, use Anki to memorise mod 8 and reaction pathways or even your bio stuff, then DEFinitely write out all the methods (titration preparation, preparing buffers etc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)