Chemistry Tritation, Chemistry Olympiad, RACI (1 Viewer)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
What Uni Chem books should i get for study for these comps, does anyone know where i can get past papers from? Has anyone done these comps before?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Do you mean titration?

You don't need any books for titration. It's in the HSC course, just look in your textbooks.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
I got an Excellence Award in the RACI (Royal Australian Chemical Institute, I assume you're saying) comp last year without any other books. It's not really that difficult, since it's multiple choice, and often you can make decent guesses through elimination.

I_F

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Titration my bad and yes i did mean RACI (Royal Australian Chemical Institute).

wah

HSC
N/A
Titration is part of the HSC course in the topic called "The Acidic Environment". So pick up any HSC Chemistry text book and they should have a summary of the procedure :)

Chemistry Olympiad - Does your school offer olympiad training? If they do, join that! If not, ask your teacher or the science department for appropriate material, and they may keep past olympiad papers.

RACI - Same with insert-username I've also been a recipient of the Excellence Award. No study is required. Though if you want to excel in this competition you can brush up on the chemistry concepts that you have been taught at school. Again, you may ask your teacher for past papers if you find it necessary. :)

Hope it helps!

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
Titration - any HSC book
Olympiad - the official book is by Zumdahl, but any uni chemistry book should suffice.
RACI - Um.. you could probably wing it on just your normal school notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)