Chemistry vs Physics - difficulty? (1 Viewer)

allstarr69

i think the concepts in both subjects are of equal difficulty... and both of them require equal amounts of boring theory work to cover (
which isnt about intelligence but rather how much you study)
Im going the same in both subjects now although i think i found physics harder in preliminary

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
chem scales higher than phsyics. we got a lesson on that the other day at school .. it is a common misconeptions that physics scales higher but in realtity chem does as it is harder and more abstract

TripleJ

HSC
*girl04* said:
chem scales higher than phsyics. we got a lesson on that the other day at school .. it is a common misconeptions that physics scales higher but in realtity chem does as it is harder and more abstract
Over here physics is scaled less than chemistry. They are both scaled down though - hooray for the TEE.

I personally think physics is easier - but thats probably because I enjoy it. I enjoy finding out how things work and physics is basically all about that. Chemistry is very hard this year for some reason. Our teacher is terrible - hes a great guy but I am just dissapointed by his lack of knowledge.

jesst

Well, i find Chem muuch easier than Physics. But then again i have a tutor for chem. Anyway, talking to my friends and stuff, the pattern was the the majority of guys found physics easier than chem and it was the opposite with the girsl. What do you think?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
if you don't like maths you will probably find physics hard?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
they are pretty interchangeable.... like if u do well in 1, u can generaly do well in the other too, cuz the subjects' 'skeletons', 2 put it 1 way, are the same, just the contexts are different.... its like putting on shades with different coloured tints...
you can study both the exact same way....theres equal amount of maths in the 2 subjects from my memory (~2 q out of the whole exam paper)

interest on the other hand is dependent on the person...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
iambored said:
if you don't like maths you will probably find physics hard?
Same goes for not liking english.

/murders BoS syllabus commitee

token girl

HSC
i find physics easier. that could be because i like maths although i think there's about the same amount of maths in each course really. what i find with chem is that its very detailed and as someone mentioned there are basic rules but then all these exceptions. physics is broader, once you understand the concept you just babble on about it for half a page :)

what are the class sizes like at your school though? because i think physics is better to do if there's less people. I'm came first out of 20 ish for physics but 5 out of 30 ish for chem, so my physics rank will help lift my marks even more, and because there's less people its easier to have a higher rank.

do whichever you are most interested in though. or better yet, keep both. i managed 15 units for first term and am now on 13 - its not that hard to keep up with. good luck!

skiguy_hsv

HSC
Wow, thats a lot of units! I do 11 and its fairly cruisy - 12 free's per week!! Thats like 1 and a half days off! lol
Anyways, phys is easier, chem is harder. The scaling speaks for itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)