Chemistry vs Physics (1 Viewer)

teridax

HSC
N/A
What science do you prefer and why? (I omitted biology because it's nowhere near the difficulty of chem and phys and it's not really a science LOL)

duhdevitt

HSC
I do physics and bio and physics is way easier than bio, don't think bio is easy, that's what I thought when I started but its my hardest subject. But id choose physics over chem as its more enjoyable

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I only do chem, but I guess it's getting better. Year 11 was more interesting as it was conceptual, whereas the hsc counterpart is more applied which is fine, though there are some boring topics (*cough* fermentation *cough"). Wish I had done physics however - seems less rote-able which suits my learning style.
Why do you think Chemistry is rote learning? I find that it has alot of calculation questions which are very annoying for me. Is Chemistry like Biology rote wise? I don't like Chemistry that much because I don't know how to study for it, are you sure it's rote?

Mathsisfun15

HSC
Physics is easier and I find more interesting. Chem pracs in particular are not exactly my favourite things in the world (to put it nicely)

Drsoccerball

HSC
Physics is better than chem as it is less rote learnt... And you need so much more content from physics then chem. For example now i know i can't travel at the speed of light :L.........................

Kaido

be.
HSC
Both bad (HSC level) :p, although physics def more interesting as you research concepts in depth

klee98

HSC
Physics looks more appealing, because you learn cool stuff like quantum mechanics
Chemistry is just bland, shipwreck ooo, look its water

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Prelim Physics is more interesting than Prelim Chemistry (although Prelim Chemistry is just as easy and nearly as interesting)
Prelim chemistry and prelim physics are roughly the same difficulty

I found HSC Chemistry easier and more interesting than HSC Physics (except I did like the Space topic in HSC physics)
HSC physics is harder than HSC chemistry which is harder than HSC biology (that's why biology course has lots more content to compensate and similar story for chemistry). HSC Science is sometimes a bit of a joke, because in the course, there are things that are technically not correct scientifically (e.g. some of the cathode ray conclusions)
Plus real science also includes a bit of calculus (which I think the pre-2001 course did - I could be wrong).

Then again I did the Industrial Chemistry option, which is fairly similar to the ammonia section in Chemical Monitoring, which means more cross-over.

Last edited:

photastic

HSC
Prelim Physics is more interesting than Prelim Chemistry (although Prelim Chemistry is just as easy and nearly as interesting)
Prelim chemistry and prelim physics are roughly the same difficulty

I found HSC Chemistry easier and more interesting than HSC Physics (except I did like the Space topic in HSC physics)
HSC physics is harder than HSC chemistry which is harder than HSC biology (that's why biology course has lots more content to compensate and similar story for chemistry)

Then again I did the Industrial Chemistry option, which is fairly similar to the ammonia section in Chemical Monitoring, which means more cross-over.
Found Chemistry harder than Physics tbh. Both are stupid subjects since there wasn't much maths :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)