• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

chemistry work load (1 Viewer)

robo1

HSC
I am at the end of my year 11 and have to decide whether to continue Chemistry. Is there anyone who did HSC chemistry and can give me some idea of how much the work load increases between year 11 and HSC? I did do well in yr 11 chem (92/100) but found chemistry draining so much time from my other subjects (Mod Hist/Eco/Eng adv/Maths adv/and maths extn1 ) Is the workload a small increase, or a big one?

SpaceUnicorn

HSC
id say same workload but content gets a bit harder, and teachers may push you a bit more becuase its year 12, and you may need to put in some more effort. imo dont drop if you're doing well + the scaling is excellent

Overall not a huge increase in workload id say.

C_master

HSC
I am at the end of my year 11 and have to decide whether to continue Chemistry. Is there anyone who did HSC chemistry and can give me some idea of how much the work load increases between year 11 and HSC? I did do well in yr 11 chem (92/100) but found chemistry draining so much time from my other subjects (Mod Hist/Eco/Eng adv/Maths adv/and maths extn1 ) Is the workload a small increase, or a big one?
Just drop modern

Pielavender1234

HSC
I am doing similiar subjects to you, except I do physics instead of eco. But it depends on your interests, do you like chemistry if so than just keep it. But if you dont like it, HSC is the year that you must perform your best in all your subjects not just one, then drop it. Or drop another subject that would spare some time to studying chem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)