cHemiStry.. (1 Viewer)

silbi

I've been thinking about dropping chemistry from day 1..
but i dunno i just thought "one day" i would fully get it... that day hasnt actually came yet... >.<
i have my chem trial paper tomolo and im yeah pretty much cramming info in right now..
i got pretty good assessment marks but my exam marks sucks.... is there still a possibility of chemistry ranking ok if i get low 60's in hsc>

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
well i will be lucky if i get 60 in my hsc ;) all i can suggest is that you stick with it now, there is no point in dropping out when you have done this much work. so yeah, just get the syllabus and go through each of the dot points and write what you need to know about each of them, then when it comes time to really study for the hsc you will already have all the info there..remember, they cant ask anything that isnt in the syllabus, so if you know that off by heart, and all the info that goes with it, you should be fine..also, make sure you cover the skills column (the right hand one) as well, don't just leave it out...so, yeah, just relax and you will be fine, you will probably find it will all come flooding back to you once you are in the exam situation

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
just relax and you will be fine, you will probably find it will all come flooding back to you once you are in the exam situation [/B]

YOUR RITE... i completed my english notes in 1 week advance of my trials, night before for about 3hrs read and revised my notes several times,

you go to the exam room feel pressured.. in my case pressure makes my mind go "BLANK" damn i hate that

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by silbi
I've been thinking about dropping chemistry from day 1..
but i dunno i just thought "one day" i would fully get it... that day hasnt actually came yet... >.<
i have my chem trial paper tomolo and im yeah pretty much cramming info in right now..
i got pretty good assessment marks but my exam marks sucks.... is there still a possibility of chemistry ranking ok if i get low 60's in hsc>
i know what u mean, but its the trials and don't drop now! u might surprise urself, and having chem on ur hsc is good

Huy

HSC
N/A
Yeah!
That's the same thing I'm thinking, school counts for 50%
you've still got the other 50% from the hsc exam,

keep at it!! :)

Tazz

Ooooh same!!! We had a heaps dodgy teacher for yr 11 so basically we know no basics, which is really hard to try and learn the yr 12 stuff as well. I'm just hoping it won't drag the UAI down too much.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Tazz
Ooooh same!!! We had a heaps dodgy teacher for yr 11 so basically we know no basics, which is really hard to try and learn the yr 12 stuff as well. I'm just hoping it won't drag the UAI down too much.
I agree, it's very hard to do the HSC if you don't have a solid foundation in the prelimin course. so i suggest you silbi, to drop chemistry, because the course is not getting any easier, it's getting harder, i know, coz i STRUGGLING now.....i think i aslo failed in the trial........guess have to wait to find out......... :(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
ok, hopefully u haven't dropped - u now have many more days before the hsc, learn the course like the back of ur hand, and then do practice papers

low 60s... well i have no idea, apparently thats an alright mark in chem, depends on the other subjects u do i spose, and how well u go in them

r ur other subjects high scaling for a uai? coz chem is good for scaling as well

Bepps

Exactly HOW good is chem for scaling?? I do chem and phys and in my trials i got high 70's for both of them. Say i get high 80's in the actual HSC, will that get me into band 6 territory does anyone know??

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i dont know the exact figure or anything, but it would be fairly good...i mean, take something like business studies...of course chem will scale better than that...i hope!
but, yeah, provided you get high 80's i say it is pretty possible to get low 90's scaled.

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
hmm...you never know
coz chemistry is weighted heaps when it comes to uai
my friend last year got mid 60s for chem, and mid 80s for visual arts

and for calculation of UAI, they took her chem marks (12 units)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)