• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Chemistryyy (1 Viewer)

leehuan

HSC
Cu + CuSO4 -> ???

It can't displace itself.

Group I and II elements always react with water. So do oxides e.g. SO2 + H2O -> H2SO3; MgO + H2O -> Mg(OH)2. However reactions with water are even more ambiguous than oxygen as water isn't as chemically reactive as oxygen.

Oxygen reacts with almost everything on the periodic table. Even freaking Xenon which is a noble gas.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Like for example lead and water have no reaction, but how can u tell from looking straight from the table
In general there's no way to work these out purely by logic. Scientists observe what happens and record these observations. So you basically need to memorise the chemical reactions, as they are just the way nature is rather than something that can be deduced purely by logic (generally speaking).

drsabz101

HSC
N/A
BTW Big THANKYOU to everyone who has been answering my billions of questions :)

I have been getting questions in relation to these topics correct and finally get the concepts ^^

Last edited:

axwe7

HSC
N/A
Cu + CuSO4 -> ???

It can't displace itself.

Group I and II elements always react with water. So do oxides e.g. SO2 + H2O -> H2SO3; MgO + H2O -> Mg(OH)2. However reactions with water are even more ambiguous than oxygen as water isn't as chemically reactive as oxygen.

Oxygen reacts with almost everything on the periodic table. Even freaking Xenon which is a noble gas.
How could noble gases ever react??

They have a full electron configuration so why would they react?

wu345

HSC
Noble gases can react under extreme conditions - usually very high temperature and an extremely electronegative reactant (eg. oxygen/fluorine) are required

axwe7

HSC
N/A
Noble gases can react under extreme conditions - usually very high temperature and an extremely electronegative reactant (eg. oxygen/fluorine) are required
I know that, but the circumstances here arent what you said...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)