Chess thread (1 Viewer)

leehuan

HSC
Feels when you want to play chess but you've already procrastinated way too long

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Does someone wanna play ahahah
I'm a rank novice though :monkey:

seanieg89

HSC
Not sure why Para put a few moves into his knight when the endgame started to happen - I would've prepared the king.

But oh wow you sure can play sean
Yeah, without him having king activity the endgame was completely hopeless. Even if he did activate his king earlier, it would be a pretty uphill battle a pawn down and knight vs bishop in that position.

Thanks dude, am a bit rusty tactically (esp in short games) but am still reasonably solid positionally and with endgames. I had some good pressure around the 20th move but played it pretty lazily by just accepting the simplifications and positional concessions because I couldn't see an easy way to break through and the endgame looked pretty simple.

Have forgotten a whole bunch of opening stuff too so I kind of rely on general principles. There are much better ways of declining that particular gambit, my play was definitely a bit shaky.

seanieg89

HSC
I rarely play endgame, and minor piece endgames even less so
Endgames are so fun dude. It feels the most like maths to me because it boils down to reducing a problem to problems you already know how to solve.

Also, playing lots of endgames really helps understanding of which pieces are good in which positions / good vs bad pawn structures etc.

Most importantly though, if you know which endgames you can win/draw, you can tell when transitioning from the middlegame to the endgame will be in your favour and when it won't.

seanieg89

HSC
Does someone wanna play ahahah
I'm a rank novice though :monkey:
If you host a quick game on lichess in the next couple of mins, I will play. Otherwise I really need to get to work.

leehuan

HSC
Maybe I should let you live life in peace without chess

*Clueless on how to teach chess*

Last edited:

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Maybe I should let you live life in peace without chess

*Clueless on how to teach chess*
lelel ill go on a chess sabbatical during holidays
come back with power levels over 9000

leehuan

HSC
If anyone ever wants to drop me a gave I called myself leehuan on lichess lol.

Poor aliteration skills/10

But if you want the proper fast games then I guess...drop me a PM and give up if I don't reply in 15mins?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)