Chest pains after running 15km (1 Viewer)

Failure_123

HSC
No because 15km is not that far, you fat unhealthy bastard.

Just kidding, but seriously you're probably genetically disadvantaged.

On a serious note, who do you expect responding to this particular question? potential teenage docters? hmm..

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
if you managed to run that far I doubt it was heart palpatations, your pulse would have levelled off once you go into a rhythm. It could be a muscle thing? were you running on concrete?

Last edited:

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
Maybe you're misunderstanding it ... have you consulted your physician yet?

I don't run but I do get little twitches in my chest sometimes. I know they're scary.. it's non-sensical to think things by yourself.

If you are having imbalanced diet, constituting of large amounts of fat - it could be one of the cause. As your heart has to do a lot of hard work to pump the blood in all the active cells.

bob fossil

HSC
If you had heart problems you would probs feel it at like 1k about 4 mins in before you start a good rythm rather than 60mins in at 15k

pman

Banned
HSC
I have a heart condition and often feel pain around the 45min mark of strenuous exercise....the cardiologist says its nothing to worry about. I just ride through the pain

pman

Banned
HSC
MTB, Road, Track, Cyclocross....If it involves riding a bike and being fit, I do it.

Don't do downhill though

bob fossil

HSC
MTB, Road, Track, Cyclocross....If it involves riding a bike and being fit, I do it.

Don't do downhill though

I tried Cyclocross once.

I took my old roadie to the local north shore trail/downhill track.

Poped both tyers.

HalcyonSky

HSC
if youre tall and skinny it could be a minor pneumothorax

but chest pain can be a million different things, usually its nothing to worry about unless its severe or persistent

pman

Banned
HSC
I tried Cyclocross once.

I took my old roadie to the local north shore trail/downhill track.

Poped both tyers.
thats not cyclocross....come to unanderra velodrome at 4pm on feb 21 (if you can get there) to see real cyclocross, I'll be the guy on the red mtb in the Ireland national kit

bob fossil

HSC
thats not cyclocross....come to unanderra velodrome at 4pm on feb 21 (if you can get there) to see real cyclocross, I'll be the guy on the red mtb in the Ireland national kit

I was joking... i was pretty much telling you i took my old roadbike onto a pretty intense downhill trail and fucked myself up.

pman

Banned
HSC
I was joking... i was pretty much telling you i took my old roadbike onto a pretty intense downhill trail and fucked myself up.
And I'm saying, come down and watch some cyclocross (if you can get there) or even have a race urself

EDIT: just read ur location, it might be a bit far to come

bob fossil

HSC
And I'm saying, come down and watch some cyclocross (if you can get there) or even have a race urself

EDIT: just read ur location, it might be a bit far to come

Yeah too far for me thanks anyway.

Im not cut out for that shit its crazy

Rickbrah

HSC
probably just a bad stitch in the chest region, did it go away after about 5mins?

dydx

HSC
i was riding my bike the other day, and had pain on the left side of my heart region... yes i'm very unfit but yet i'm extremely skinny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)