Children’s Cases Program? (1 Viewer)

lotsasmiles

HSC
Does anyone know if the Children's Cases Program still exists? There is a publication from the Family Court saying it has been revoked, so I presume it no longer exists, but I can't find anything else regarding it. Any ideas why it was scrapped?

Thanks

HSC
To be honest I'd never even heard of that before:p I looked it up too, it seems to have been repealed for good. It was a pilot program anyway so if its alteration of court proceedings to favour the best interests of the child was not effective then that's probably why they didn't keep it. That, and/or it was too expensive. Given the actual law being used was the same it probably doesn't make a huge difference.

EDIT: After wasting excessive hours to satisfy my curiosity I believe it still exists but experienced a name change to Lesser Adversarial Trials system. Must sleep now/a few hours ago. Don't think it's necessary to know.

Last edited:

bmn

HSC
after reading

Less Adversarial trials

it seems Less Adversarial Trials is more of an approach, then a practice. It also seems that CCP was a test run for this, not just renamed to this at a later stage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)