Chill out people - the HSC isn't that hard (1 Viewer)

IceOnFire

HSC
circusmind said:
Some people slave away and don't crack the 90s and others cruise through the year into high 90s.
*Sigh* That's what I am afraid of.

Even though I work hard and is getting pretty alright marks, I am still worried that I am going to be disappointed in the end.

Imagine all that hard work for nothing.. :(

lala2

Banned
HSC
in terms of the content, the hsc isn't hard, the hard part comes in beating thousands of other students across the entire state to get the course u want, this is the hard part

however, in saying that this is hard, it is not impossible, y?
cos someone has to be at the top cos someone will always come first

in regards to the hsc as the 'be all end all', i do not receive this with very much interest, there are many other options in life, and the trick is not to find an occupation that produces the dough, but finding one that u enjoy

life isn't a story about going to skool, getting a good UAI and getting a job that gives u heaps of money, if u find happiness in money, i feel very sorry for u, cos ur values are severely misplaced

life is about finding contentment, e.g: finding a job that u enjoy, a job that when u wake up, ur not saying to urself "omg, have to go to the office...again" or sumfing like that

if a job which u enter in the future does require a high UAI, then so be it, strive for this goal and u can reach it (can does not equal will though, the two words are very different)

other pathways other than the hsc are possible to follow, but the road will be a bit rockier

in regards to people thinking that "u can achieve anything" is a load of garbage, perhaps u r not trying hard enuf. having said that though, one must know there limits cos there is no use in striving for sumfing that isn't there

the hsc isn't hard, but its not easy either, its effort, and that is what life is, effort. in the end, the students who work the hardest will get the best marks, there's no 2 ways about it

so good luck to all those doing hsc 2007, don't stress, have confidence in ur abilities to peform
QFT

HSC
the pospinator said:
in terms of the content, the hsc isn't hard, the hard part comes in beating thousands of other students across the entire state to get the course u want, this is the hard part

however, in saying that this is hard, it is not impossible, y?
cos someone has to be at the top cos someone will always come first

in regards to the hsc as the 'be all end all', i do not receive this with very much interest, there are many other options in life, and the trick is not to find an occupation that produces the dough, but finding one that u enjoy

life isn't a story about going to skool, getting a good UAI and getting a job that gives u heaps of money, if u find happiness in money, i feel very sorry for u, cos ur values are severely misplaced

life is about finding contentment, e.g: finding a job that u enjoy, a job that when u wake up, ur not saying to urself "omg, have to go to the office...again" or sumfing like that

if a job which u enter in the future does require a high UAI, then so be it, strive for this goal and u can reach it (can does not equal will though, the two words are very different)

other pathways other than the hsc are possible to follow, but the road will be a bit rockier

in regards to people thinking that "u can achieve anything" is a load of garbage, perhaps u r not trying hard enuf. having said that though, one must know there limits cos there is no use in striving for sumfing that isn't there

the hsc isn't hard, but its not easy either, its effort, and that is what life is, effort. in the end, the students who work the hardest will get the best marks, there's no 2 ways about it

so good luck to all those doing hsc 2007, don't stress, have confidence in ur abilities to peform
i like your attutide against it. u seem like a very passionate person :)

LynH1326

HSC
tamaranadine said:
I would have thought people still discuss your uai at uni, I'm in year 11 now and people are still going on about the SC. and that is no big deal. I could have done it in my sleep, the HSC on the other hand...
Hardly anyone speaks about their UAI... mainly cuz most of those in your course are likely to have:

1) spoke about it ad nauseum when they got it.
2) are mature age students
3) got in through TAFE (depending on course)
4) are on their second bachelor degree
5) have swapped from another course
6) got in through a bridging course

Its just a number that in the end, means nothing. Its a contradiction, but still aim for as high as you want. Honestly, try not to stress and just do your work and meet deadlines. It makes life alot easier when it comes to exam time, cuz half your marks are already there thru assessment alone.

bmwz4

HSC
nichhhole said:
My goals have always been to be succcessful. i've always equated successwith financial income.[its a very basic association, but its one i established when i was 9]
Lets say i were to find someone that was perfect for me, a job i enjoyed that i could wake up to and not say 'omg, have to go to the office again..'
i would still never be really happy.
Why? because i wouldnt feel accomplished, because i hadnt achieved my goals...

i dont believe that Money directly corresponds to 'happiness' for all.

However, money signifies the realisation of my goals..
and that to me is Happiness.
that and that the most exciting careers nowadays are well paid...hence boosting ur ego for accomplishing your goals as well as getting a fat cheque at the end of the month...

yes money = happiness, since we live in a monetary oriented world where the only measure for success is money. So i guess if you're financially secure you are happy...omg what is this thread about?!

williamc

HSC
bmwz4 said:
that and that the most exciting careers nowadays are well paid...hence boosting ur ego for accomplishing your goals as well as getting a fat cheque at the end of the month...

yes money = happiness, since we live in a monetary oriented world where the only measure for success is money. So i guess if you're financially secure you are happy...omg what is this thread about?!

I disagree, personally to me money doesn't equal happiness. Love is happiness. At the end of the day money can't buy you those things in life in which will make you truely happy, such as family, friends, wife/husband. Whilst yes being finincially secure can keep you under less pressure and stress it by no means will make you happy(imo). I know some really rich people (well my dad does) who struggle with depression.

lol, we live in such a materalistic society.

I feel liek such a soft cock..

bmwz4

HSC
williamc said:
I disagree, personally to me money doesn't equal happiness. Love is happiness. At the end of the day money can't buy you those things in life in which will make you truely happy, such as family, friends, wife/husband. Whilst yes being finincially secure can keep you under less pressure and stress it by no means will make you happy(imo). I know some really rich people (well my dad does) who struggle with depression.

lol, we live in such a materalistic society.

I feel liek such a soft cock..
yes our society is very materialistic and greedy...

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
magpam said:
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i hate my school

my school thinks im soo competitive
my school thinks i want the competitive edge over everything
my school thinks that im over stressed
but to be honest i dont care too much about the hsc

also i have a feeling my school thinks i have adhd

anywayz irrelevant...

grrrrrrrrr:burn:
Ranting and raging is good for the body and mind in moderate doses :uhhuh:

HSC
jaaaaay said:
i think it depends on what your definition of 'crap UAI' is...
I guess so. I think anything over 80 is good. Above 90 is great. I would be over the moon with 82.5, especially if I didn't have to work that hard for it... but I guess some people see that as crap, which is a little insulting in a way. Because I know people who worked really hard to get UAI's like that. And they were really happy with them too.

I guess it's a good UAI if you are happy with it, and you know you put in 100%. What anyone else thinks doesn't matter.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Who cares what other people say about your UAI it is none of their business. So many factors can effect the UAI you end up with it isn't funny. As long as it gets you into the uni course you want then it is all well and good.

Last edited:

idling fire

HSC
I'm just really annoyed that I can't motivate myself to do anything. Yeah, "anything" - I'd sit around doing absolutely nothing if I'd allow myself. Like this is hsc, and I won't even pick up a pencil and TRY to write my EE1 speech for tomorrow, even though I want to. That is the epitome of failure.

Righto, that's my ranting done for the day.

HSC
ahhh....the worst problem for me in the beginning was motivation.....buh i got motivated eventually......I WANNA B RICH lmao, ahhh, its just that my parents bought me all these books and pay for all these tutoring, and they r paying for umat stat n prep courses.......i would feel so bad if i dun get into dentistry....buh thats me:)

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
pritnep said:
Who cares what other people say about ur UAI it is none of there business. So many factors can effect the UAI you end up with it isn't funny. As long as it gets you into the uni course you want then it is all well and good.
Exactly. Well said.

TDjie

♥ Hello ♥
HSC
idling fire said:
I'm just really annoyed that I can't motivate myself to do anything. Yeah, "anything" - I'd sit around doing absolutely nothing if I'd allow myself. Like this is hsc, and I won't even pick up a pencil and TRY to write my EE1 speech for tomorrow, even though I want to. That is the epitome of failure.

I think i'm the opposite. I tend to be able to motivate myself and be happy about it because I know that the work i'm putting in is going to be beneficial for me later on, and I think I just genuinely like learning (most days). I don't have the parental support that everyone dreams of. I come from a working class family, a one parent one occupation household, with a brother who is not working at stays at home. I'm a second-generation migrant with hybrid cultures. I don't really have any source of external motivation. Life story.
That's when you start to get these crazy ideas in your head that you have to prove to yourself that you're good enough to get into your course. Really, it's just a personal thing. and i'm not stressing but, maybe i'm just naive. "Bring it" in the words of Bring It On. =) As long as you achieve your personal best and don't sell yourself short, you can't go wrong.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
idling fire said:

Motivation is something i lack too. I'd be like i am going to study this afternoon, and when it comes, i just make excuses to do it later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)