China Case Study (1 Viewer)

HSC
Im currently doing China as my case study for the assessment and i'm having difficulties finding recent strategies ( 2013-2015 ) to promote economic growth, economic development and environmental sustainability. If anyone could suggest me some strategies it would be greatly appreciated. P.S. you could choose old strategies but needed to explain how effective it is in recent times. THANKS

spatula232

HSC
Check out the recent 5 Year Plan, that is likely to have some policies. Otherwise the standard Open Door Policy would suffice with the impact today being the establishment of TNCs etc etc

swagmeister

HSC
I agree, recent stuff was hard to find for China:

For growth, something interesting to talk about is the rise in domestic consumption (grew 11% in 2014). Also, microeconomic reform such as the recent elimination of a lifetime employment guarantee for state sector workers has helped and the government has used fiscal stimulus to foster service sector development.

For development, you can sya that anything that impacts growth has an impact on development as well. Otherwise, China's most recent 5 year plan (2011-15) marks a turning point from a growth focus to longer term prosperity. Other things include a 2013 reform to reduce the importance of test scores for tertiary education, making it more accessible and fostering a reduction in equality, ultimately promoting economic development most notably in rural areas. Also, there was increased fiscal spending on healthcare in 2012 to improve access and lower corruption.

For environmental stuff, the two recent ones I used were that fiscal policy on environmental protection as a % of GDP has recently increased from 0.8% to 1.6% and before that, in 2008 there was the Three Gorge's Dam Project which now generates renewable energy.

This took some time to collate for you so I hope it helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)