China People! (1 Viewer)

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Hey guys,

Just wondering, there's never been a question on the First United Front...do you think that it's a possible question or too specific for an HSC q since it doesn't cover much of the period?

HSC
I don't reckon they would specify that ... there's not enough info on it for a 20mark question.

Im just glad there's two options :D

Are you doing Zhu De or Sun Yat-sen?

ptitsa

make me lose my buttons
HSC
i'm hoping for a question on Maoism, anything to do with Yenan. or something like "account for the failure of the GMD" or the like.
if it's the first united front....oh my...that would be bad.

i'm doing Zhu De btw

EliseM

china..

ugh..we are also doing china, and studying Zhu De. altho i hate it lol the question for zhu de can only be one of a few things, cos they can only really ask about his contribution to the ccp militarily... so technically he should be easy...buuut that would mean i had studied his life properly...haha yeah what a nice thought!
there hasnt been a question just on the 1st united front in 1994-1995 i dont think, just looked at a list of questions. I rekon if they do have one on it, it will be a combination asking about the fomation of the ccp and results of the first united front in helping to strengthen the party..so yeah thats what i rekon...
goodluck on tuesday guys...(eeeeek!)

HSC
I'm hopin for 21 demands/new culture movement/may4th ... ive made heaps refined notes on everything but im worried with alot of dot points there just isn't enough to talk about for a whole essay.

Failure of GMD would be awesome, that was like the trial, even tho I fucked that up, but there's so much to talk about:D

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
gemita said:
Yeah I'd be happy with New Culture etc. Just hoping they don't ask anything about the civil war....
warlords, fuf or early communism would be great. i hate china. with a passion.

sun is easy - will be contributions 1911-1925, and something about either the GMD or his posthumous effects on chinese politics.

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
noel_gallagher said:
Yeah true, my mind goes blank around civil war era...

In fact it goes blank towards the whole Modern History course... Wish I hadn't done it
mmm. true. mind is blank basically from shanghai massacre onwards. that's when i stop working.

HSC
Haha, yeah, sames Welshi, in fact, I think I slept for half the time we did China, and visually analysed the brickwork on the walls of my classroom for the other half.

What were all your teachers reasons for teaching China? Over, say, Germany or USA?

Mine said doing China would benefit us because not many people do it, thus giving the markers a change of pace... Well it sure hasnt benefited me! There aren't enough sources - I've got 2 textbooks - HTA study guide and Terry Buggy's book - and I get shit marks cos I can't remember how to spell at the names correctly.

ptitsa

make me lose my buttons
HSC
speaking of zhu de, i stupidly wrote only about his political contribution in the trial...whoops. i really like him though, he's a champ.. that blasted chiang would have sun rolling over in his grave hah. the GMD held so much promise...

do you think they might ask about the early days, like the yuan shih kai period? i guess maybe that would be too specific, but im still worried. all the past questions do seem really broad.

did anyone else fall in love with china after doing this course? i hated how it just stops at 1949, there's no closure, and the civil war was kind of an anticlimax :p haha..ahh i have such romantic notions about the ccp after this course, its not good.. :p

HSC
Oh god I was happy to see the end of it!! lol

But we did watch a film in class that wnet beyond 1949 and .. surprisingly I found it really interesting.

I reckon Zhu is really underrated.

ptitsa

make me lose my buttons
HSC
hahahah...maybe it was just my school who indoctrinated the modern classes with communist rhetoric..

my school has a tradition of studying china, hence why we studied it :)

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
I like China, it's the easiest to study for because it's basically the same series of events which you memorise and apply to any question. The problem is I never finished the topic and didn't do the civil war....so early stuff is what I'm praying for.

Yeah, our teacher chose China for the same reasons, not many people do it. Plus we did the Boxer Rebellion in yr 11 so it was basically a continuation of the same topic. Or would have been, if I remembered anything from prelim. :)

paganinio

HSC
ptitsa said:
did anyone else fall in love with china after doing this course? i hated how it just stops at 1949, there's no closure, and the civil war was kind of an anticlimax :p haha..ahh i have such romantic notions about the ccp after this course, its not good.. :p
civil war...sounds weird

ptitsa

make me lose my buttons
HSC
this dot point: the importance of foreign support for the GMD and the CCP

is that just the influence of Borodin and the Cominterm on the GMD and the CCP, the First United Front, and the re-organisation of the GMD?
the influence of the 28 Bolsheviks, and the orthodox line coming out of the USSR?
American support for the GMD, during the Sino-Japanese war, and Marshall's attempts at negotiation between the CCP and the GMD? Later then in the Civil War, USSR support for the CCP?

anything else?

i guess, although it doesnt really link to foreign support...foreign imperialism was integral to building nationalism...

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Yep, you got it all there from what I can see....I'd definitely link in that last point, I think it's really important. You'd say that not only was foreign support vital, but all foreign interests in China had a significant impact upon the success of both GMD and CCP forces in creating a climate of nationalistic fervour.

Oh and also the warlords had "support" from some foreign nations (Japan and the West) in return for allowing concessions within China....this provided the GMD and CCP with fuel for overthrowing the warlords on the northern expedition, since the people were willing to support the GMD in opposition to the warlords if it meant expelling the foreign imperialists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)