chinese continuers hsc (1 Viewer)

kitjai

HSC
hey anyone do chinese continuers for hsc next year (hsc 2006) ? heard fwom mai fwens that abt 100 ppl do this course in da state.. das a lil amount ><" n e waiz issert hard to get a band 6 for dis course?? ohh n also chinese extension... currently studyin this film topic called 'eat drink man woman' ... n e ex yr 12 peeps got notez n info for da chinese continuers or extension course?? feel free to send to meeee...! thx thx ^^ mai msn ish kitkit@sh1tbox.com

thanx everyone n have a nice day ^^

supercharged

HSC
N/A
I've seen 'Eat drink man woman' pretty decent movie so shouldn't be too hard

HSC
i'm doing continuers this year , the preliminary course tho

wow so little ppl do it, only 100?

shouldnt be too hard to get a high mark then i'd assume.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
aim for ext next yr... its scaling is phenomenal

intangible

HSC
i tried to do beginners for yr 11 prelim but they offer none in yr 11 ? Yet i see in the hsc papers there is a beginners paper? What am i not getting?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
intangible said:
i tried to do beginners for yr 11 prelim but they offer none in yr 11 ? Yet i see in the hsc papers there is a beginners paper? What am i not getting?
the shcool may not offer chinese beginners... yet if you are still determined to get in, you may do it in saturday school...

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
xiao1985 said:
aim for ext next yr... its scaling is phenomenal
It is?!

Then all the kids who have a Chinese background, who speak it at home would be able to breeze through with band 6's!

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Dreamerish*~ said:
It is?!

Then all the kids who have a Chinese background, who speak it at home would be able to breeze through with band 6's!
yes, but then u cna't do ext if u are bak ground spker =p

doot~

HSC
=xwats classified as background speaker...?if you only speak, dont write... >< does that count?

craz

HSC
HaHa that last post sounds like me i can speak but can hardly write. No you are not classed as Background Speaker but as a Chinese Continuer.

Background means you have a knowledge of Chinese..more advanced than that of a continuer.

i was classed as a continuer because i can speak and can write a little. As well as that...I wasn't a native Chinese speaker.

Beginners are well it's their first time...:D

Ohh most people who come from a Chinese background who have lived in China have to do background - so they can't quite breeze through!

Qian of hearts

HSC
Yo, i've heard that the difference between a background speaker and continuer is that you must have come to Australia before the start of High school....so if you come from China during yr7-10, then u have to do background but if u were born in china and came in yr5....you can do continuers.......anyway, im just a noob first gen chinese so i do continuers at the Strathfield Saturday school......and by the way, does extension realli scale that much? coz i just severely screwed my speaking task last week....it was horrible :burn:

HSC
Qian of hearts said:
Yo, i've heard that the difference between a background speaker and continuer is that you must have come to Australia before the start of High school....so if you come from China during yr7-10, then u have to do background but if u were born in china and came in yr5....you can do continuers.......anyway, im just a noob first gen chinese so i do continuers at the Strathfield Saturday school......and by the way, does extension realli scale that much? coz i just severely screwed my speaking task last week....it was horrible :burn:
Are you serious?! Cuz i came to Australia after I finished year 4. but I was not about to do Chinese Continuers. Why's that?! :burn:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
u mean u were not allowed to?!

hmmm curious,... maybe at different centres they have different standards?!

HSC
gah its so much EASIER for the chinese people who do continuers, because they understand grammar, and pick up the language and vocab so much easier then us non chinese anglo saxons doing the course!

craz

HSC
there is of course always this problem in Chinese. However, although someone who is of Chinese background has a distinct advantage in terms of understanding it, they do not fit into Chinese background as easily as the content is incredibly hard. Therefore, they have to do continuers..for those who have never done chinese before beginners and continuers are available for your choice :d

blink376

HSC
N/A
for those of you who have done the continuers hsc course, did it count towards your uai? Because I have heard it doesnt scale very well.

craz

HSC
Yes it does count. Of course it's the same as your other subjects - it's the best 5 subjects that get scaled to get your UAI.

No it does not scale well compared to science subjects but it's better than the scaling for general maths...hope this helps..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)