"Chinese Takeaway" (1 Viewer)

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
supercharged said:
And how about Russia or Indonesia? both their police forces and military don't give a shit about human rights
Stop making excuses. China should be above Indonesian and Russian police and military.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
leetom said:
Stop making excuses. China should be above Indonesian and Russian police and military.
I just find it noteable that politically motivated people keep targeting China's supposedly bad human rights when there are hundreds of countries FAR worse, yet hardly register on the minds of China critics.

I mean when was the last time you heard those people make as big a fuss about the much worse human rights in Indonesia, Russia, Chechenia, Nepal, Columbia, Burma, North Korea, Baltic states, the various strict Islamic republics or basically every Middle Eastern and African country? :rolleyes:

There are countless examples of countries with alot worse human rights, so which country has the best human rights then?

Last edited:

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
China is supposed to be a modern, working state. It annoys me that you compare China to global backwaters, especially the Balkan region.

Of course, all those atrocities being committed by those other countries you mentioned deserve condemnation, but they are lesser peoples, we can't really expect much more from them. The Chinese, on the other hand, are a relatively respectable race, it's just the show is being run by a bunch of peasant yahoos from Hunan.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Has anyone been watching lateline this week? There have been a lot of interesting stories about Falun Gong persecution and the spy network's operations in Australia.

I did a story on Falun Gong in 1st year journo because they were having an awareness week and I interviewed some of the people they have had in SMH/lateline.... grrr I should have chased that story more. It's really quite terrible.

Demandred

HSC
Anyone just saw lateline? bloody shocking. To allow Chinese operatives to freely voilate democracy... even worse, to have the government turning a blind eye to it.

Demandred

HSC
supercharged said:
I just find it noteable that politically motivated people keep targeting China's supposedly bad human rights when there are hundreds of countries FAR worse, yet hardly register on the minds of China critics.
Because China is a growing fucking super power. Their rate of economic growth/development from growing free market values should be matched by the very foundations free market values were based on. Democracy. They aren't back a third would country anymore, thus their human rights record should not be matched against any other third world country.

Last edited:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Really I think that countries like Australia and the US have a responsibility and should be placing pressure on China to clean up the human rights abuses before we will organize any further trade with them.... but as if that will ever happen :(

supercharged

HSC
N/A
braindrainedAsh said:
Really I think that countries like Australia and the US have a responsibility and should be placing pressure on China to clean up the human rights abuses before we will organize any further trade with them.... but as if that will ever happen :(
And as if they won't just take their trade and $$$ elsewhere :p

Someones gotta get rid of these crazy falun gong idiots before they start brainwashing the uneducated with their bullshit teachings:
"The founder of the Falun Gong spiritual movement, Li Hongzhi, teaches that human beings were brought to Earth from outer space and aims to improve the body and mind through special exercises and meditation."
Annoying Falun Gong dickhead cult followers should all be carted off to the looney bin before they can do anymore damage to the vulnerable.

And as in the words of a wise poster in another forum on chinese dissidents:
They're nothing but western wannabees....freedom and oppression...I bet you that the American government is looking at these dissdents like they're the most disloyal bunch of people alive.. but the government will use them to bash China...and these dissdents then think they're something..and they better their own image by vilifying the Chinese government..to those that know these dissdents.. yea sure.. they may be "heros".. but to those that don't...they now have a new dislike of China and Chinese thanx to these fagots...I think China should have some sort of a MOSSAD go out and snipe these guys...I sure have no sympathy for them.. and i'm living in the U.S.. dissdents can kiss my ass...
pffft, if that guy personally disagreed with government policies then he should of resigned his government post (or gotten a different job in the first place) and crossed the border northwards into Outer Mongolia where it has the world's lowest population density and is all nice and "democratic" He obviously just wanted an immediate free pass into Australia or America by slandering his own country (probably got involved in some kind of corruption and didn't want to get busted when he goes back) :rolleyes:

You care about human rights? Here's a bigger fish for you to fry. Here's one of MANY countries with much less human rights. Go and tell these guys to fix their human rights up first, they enjoy MUCH less than in China:

it shouldn't matter if a country if rich or poor, humans should still have the same rights eh?

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Just because they believe in something ludicruous doesn't mean they should be banned. I don't really have a stance on the Falun Gong, but if they are part of the means to a democratic end then so be it.

holy priest

HSC
I agree that falun gong should not be supported. I wont go into the details, but one of my relatives got into it and.. well, somebad things happened to that relative... Unless something has happened so you can see what falun gong can do to people, you have no right to say that people have the right to practise it. It is not a religion, and more like a cult.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Falun Gong always tries to promote itself as a form of "exercise and meditation club" when in western countries to protest for sympathy, but as if any government would ban a purely exercise club...

Its quite telling than Falun Gong followers would rather be arrested and take a harsh jail or whatever punishment the courts can dish out, than disown the falun gong movement, its obviously a very fanatical religious cult and and not a new age meditation club

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
But still, people shouldn't be tortured for having a certain kind of belief. That is terrible.

I was under the impression that Falun Gong wasn't really an organized religion as such, more just a set of exercises and beliefs that individuals choose to practice, and hence wasn't cultish....

You say that people have no right to say that people have the right to practice it? Well, does that mean we should persecute all muslims/christians/insert religion of choice here because "bad things" have happened to people who have practiced it or it causes problems? No religion/belief system is without fault.

I'm just wondering, because I am really curious about the issue, what kind of bad things happened to your relative... was it bad things that happened due to persecution of Falun Gong practitioners or bad things that occurred due to the spiritual beliefs of Falun Gong? YOu don't have to answer if you don't want to, I am just really curious.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Although Falun Gong has the appearance of a martial art, Li's wacky ideas make it sound like a cult.

Li believes he is a being from a higher level who has come to help save humankind from the destruction it could face as the result of rampant evil; that aliens walk the earth and are responsible for, among other things, aeroplanes and computers; that he can float through walls and become invisible.
I think society would be in alot of trouble in everyone belived his crazy ideas, rational scientific thought and development being the first casualty :mad:

holy priest

HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
But still, people shouldn't be tortured for having a certain kind of belief. That is terrible.

I was under the impression that Falun Gong wasn't really an organized religion as such, more just a set of exercises and beliefs that individuals choose to practice, and hence wasn't cultish....

You say that people have no right to say that people have the right to practice it? Well, does that mean we should persecute all muslims/christians/insert religion of choice here because "bad things" have happened to people who have practiced it or it causes problems? No religion/belief system is without fault.

I'm just wondering, because I am really curious about the issue, what kind of bad things happened to your relative... was it bad things that happened due to persecution of Falun Gong practitioners or bad things that occurred due to the spiritual beliefs of Falun Gong? YOu don't have to answer if you don't want to, I am just really curious.

The bad things that happened were a result of the actual practise of falun gong. It went to the point were it was obsessive, and eventually that relative went into a coma like state. That's all I'll say, and pretty much all falun gong followers are like this; obsessive that is. Falun gong should be banned and even though I dont condone the torture of people, such a practise should be eradicated.

Last edited:

spell check

HSC
supercharged said:
I there are hundreds of countries FAR worse, yet hardly register on the minds of China critics.
out of 192/3 total countries in the world huh?

supercharged

HSC
N/A
spell check said:
out of 192/3 total countries in the world huh?
bleh can't be bothered counting the exact total, but a large number in many continents anyway (like middle east, africa, central asia, south america, eastern europe)...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)