• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Chiropractic (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
And then make beautiful, kinky chiro babies.

bubble_tea

hehe.. i'd rather be at uni in the morning and head over to usyd in the arvo, checked the timetable we wont hav ta come bak! :eek:

hmm.. chiro babies..:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jono101

HSC
fees

hello, i was just wondering what are the fee's for someone doing the chiropratic science degree and does this fee go up dramatically for the masters part of the degree. also how much does it cost for all the textbooks and stuff?

Thanks,
jono

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
jono101 said:
hello, i was just wondering what are the fee's for someone doing the chiropratic science degree and does this fee go up dramatically for the masters part of the degree. also how much does it cost for all the textbooks and stuff?

Thanks,
jono
First 3 years is regular HEC/CSP

Masters is full fee paying (18k/year?) I think..

bubble_tea

bscienceboi said:
First 3 years is regular HEC/CSP

Masters is full fee paying (18k/year?) I think..
:eek: I never knew masters was full fee paying

i know each subject costs roughly 2.5k a year.. i spent about $1000 buying brand new textbooks in my first semester

HSC
Here's a question: Consider a chiropractic graduate, who has just finished the 5 year combined program (undergrad and postgard course). How exactly do they get into a job (or should I say establish themselves once they get a job), with their only experience being in mandatory clinical practice during University? Obviously it happens eventually...But its not like they can go to a hospital like other medical practitioners?

Also, if Masters is full paying $18k...What happens if you don't happen to have that sort of money lying around? Is there HECS or some related scheme?

It's probably been answered, so sorry if it has.

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

watatank said:
Here's a question: Consider a chiropractic graduate, who has just finished the 5 year combined program (undergrad and postgard course). How exactly do they get into a job (or should I say establish themselves once they get a job), with their only experience being in mandatory clinical practice during University? Obviously it happens eventually...But its not like they can go to a hospital like other medical practitioners?

Also, if Masters is full paying $18k...What happens if you don't happen to have that sort of money lying around? Is there HECS or some related scheme?

It's probably been answered, so sorry if it has.
If you look here, you will notice that a number of units (particularly 86, 87, 96, 97) foster a relationship with real patients and practices.

Like law, medicine, and dentisty, chiropratic studies has a number of opportunities for students to get into the work force.

You'll find that most employees of a chiropractic practice are actually chiro students -- at my chiropractor, all of the employees are. The secretary is even an undergrad student.

Of course you could 'get out of' doing these things, but it's pretty much expected that that's how you'll get a job - just like many lawyers do internships.

I'm sure that the majority of internships as a bachelors / masters of Chiro students do aren't initially secured through the uni internship program. Rather, they probably apply directly, as you would for a normal job.

If it were me, I'd aim to get a job at a practice as soon as I got into the BChiro. It would just give you a link into the industry as soon as possible...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)