Choice of Chinese for Year Eleven? (1 Viewer)

pandaaMONIA

HSC
Well, I'm currently a Year Ten student studying at you guessed it! A year Ten level. I want to study Chinese along with other subjects for senior years and HSC, but my school only offers Japanese beginners/Continuers/Extension.
I consulted one of my Japanese teachers, whom told me she would tutor me in Chinese if I did the course via Distance Education;
The problem being, the Chinese beginners course isn't offered by Open High School, So I don't know what to do.
Is it possible to study this said course by another form of Distance Education?
Or, should I just pick a different course?
Thanks for all the help.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Hmm.... have you asked about saturday school? It's a 2hr weekly courses each saturday, which offers mostly languages courses.

cheney31

HSC
i'd say studying chinese without a teacher is REALLY hard..
but if u have the passion.. go for it

lionking1191

HSC
personally i'd take jap but then that's because im background chn anyway

samthebear

HSC
try saturday school - i'm not sure about beginners courses in chinese but you can always ask. Distance ed courses are really hard. not because of the content but because you have no classmates to work with, and almost all work has to be done independently. saturday school does require you to work independently for most of the week but you do have time with the teacher and the class once a week at least. Languages require more than just learning the language, it requires you to develop an understanding of both written and spoken. written can be fixed by doing practice but as for spoken you'll need people to practice with which is why i really think, if you want to do chinese, you should really give saturday school a try first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)