Choice of commerce major (1 Viewer)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
hmm.. i got told only one major in each degree because otherwise u are studying too many credit points or sum bullshit lol

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
shoxgeneration said:
yeah cool - do u know mumma? and having said that.. daniel, matt, josh etc? haha we met them all at schoolies. it was like woah!

why only 1 major just because of a double degree?
i'm going to do B Comm/Arts and going to major in Marketing/International Business whilst in Arts, French (and at the moment) Art History/Theory. and i triple checked with the man on info day that u can do a double in both so i was like WOOT! :D :D
yeps, sure I know those guys. If its two majors then I will most probably do marketing/management otherwise mm just management i think.

Actually Finance is promising as well but im not sure how well it complements an engineering degree?

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
sando said:
hmm.. i got told only one major in each degree because otherwise u are studying too many credit points or sum bullshit lol

nope. you have enough credit points to satisfy 2 majors - thats what i got told. and i asked the man @ unsw like 3 times cos i was in shock due to his very quick "YES" and i got him to work it out for me and so yeah - u can!
normally people do 2 majors in say comm and one in the other. but he explained that if u worked it out n shizz, it could for work 2 majors in the other as well!

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
ok thnx. wat majors u choosing ?

i dont understand this tho.. in the exercise science handbook u dont major in anything so how does that work with credit points and stuff ?

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
shoxgeneration said:
yeah cool - do u know mumma? and having said that.. daniel, matt, josh etc? haha we met them all at schoolies. it was like woah!

why only 1 major just because of a double degree?
i'm going to do B Comm/Arts and going to major in Marketing/International Business whilst in Arts, French (and at the moment) Art History/Theory. and i triple checked with the man on info day that u can do a double in both so i was like WOOT! :D :D
Nice choice, I'd like to do an Arts degree just for French but prefer Economics atm so l'll just do them as electives and a language diploma.

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
blackfriday said:
at the moment finance and engo is very, very useful.
okay, sounds good. Then I might go with finance and marketing

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
now i have more thinking to do.

im definite on commerce (business information systems) not sure on the other major. can someone reccommend one from UOW ??

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
I can only do one major wif Business/Law, not sure which one yet. Finance is attractive due to the amount of wealth you can gain afterwards but I am really more into marketing or international business.

@ sunjet (or anyone who knows) : How can you apply for diploma of language if you go UTS? Thanks

gaggaz

Gold Member
HSC
N/A
I plan to start commerce at monash next year...just curious, when can you choose your major/s?? cheers people.

awal1959

HSC
sunjet said:
lol @ comparing hsc maths to finance..
so does that mean you dont think someone who got 75-80 in the hsc has the mathematical skills to successfully complete a major in finance?

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
I am sure if high level of maths is needed in a course, they would have recommend it in UAC book. Like for actuarial studies, some uni recommend 4u maths.

Friends told me there are heaps of maths subjects in the first year, maybe to get you ready for it?

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
at unsw you have a 'maths' subject in each semester. first semester is qma which is just financial maths, vectors, matrices, elementary calculus etc. qmb is some fairly reasonable stat. if you can understand the sum of a series formula you can do finance because you dont need too much more than that. for actuary you'll definitely need 3u maths at the least.

turtleface

HSC
hmm...to some posters a bit back, I don't think finance maths is difficult. Once you get to honours level, then its a lot more complex, but for undergraduate its a bit simple.

Actually Finance is promising as well...
lol how is finance promising? Have you seen a single job advertisement that looks for finance majors in particular?

Monstar

HSC
Provided i get into BComm at macquarie..i think i will be choosing Accting and Finance as my 2 majors.. i read somwhere before you can't do double majors at Maq but accting and finance are considered to be 1 major (its in the yellow handbook)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
STx said:
okay, sounds good. Then I might go with finance and marketing
management is very useless :p most people who get into upper management positions will complete an MBA. im very surprised you want to do marketing considering the subjects you took during your hSC

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
stazi said:
management is very useless :p most people who get into upper management positions will complete an MBA. im very surprised you want to do marketing considering the subjects you took during your hSC
okay, I figured marketing would go well with something created from using engineering

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
marketing is the most interesting topic in hsc business studies i found

shonkay

HSC
Hey I'm just wondering, when do you usually pick your majors?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)