cholly's complain about accelerated students thread (1 Viewer)

cholly

Somebody's Left Shoe
HSC
grr...i just have to vent my anger somewhere...
we sat our half yearlys for 2u and nobody in yr 12 got over 77/90 but all the accelerated yr 11's got 80-85 because they didnt have any other exams and spend like 95% of their time doing maths :chainsaw:
now my rankings gonna go from a fairly descent looking number to something totally not good...not cool...

rama_v

HSC
No point having a go at accelerated students. I was one of them ;) my friend and i did modern history last year, we came first/second respectively throughout the prelim and hsc course for every assessment and both got band 6, while none of the year 12s did so we were pretty happy. If you had the opportunitiy to do an accelerated course then its worth it :D

m_isk

HSC
N/A
if these kids beat u now, then chances are they'll beat u in the HSC and in the end there's not that much damage done...apart from to ur pride, of course!!

cholly

Somebody's Left Shoe
HSC
what about ranks and uai's...its totally gonna stuff us up there...and its not because theyre better then us...they just had ONE exam to prepare for we had like six...its not like they offered accelerated program to my grade...i prob would have done it...

Estel

Tutor
HSC
They're preparing better now, and they're preparing better later = better marks now, better marks later = no effect on you.

It's pathetic to whinge anyhow; you do 3U maths and you manage 77/90, you don't deserve a decent rank.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
well...
you will still get the same HSC mark that you deserve and your assessment mark will change according to that, and the people who beat you will get a better HSC mark which will affect them equally...

Why are you worring ? good chance you will still get the same mark...
people in ruse are very happy with like 15th..............

the system was designed to be fair..
alot of schools dont even have 1 band 6 in maths...
but someone would've have to come first didnt they?

m_isk

HSC
N/A
hypothetically, say you were coming first in 2u with a mark of 80....then all these freaks come and get 81-100. It will not affect you in the slightest becos if they beat u now, they'll beat u later and its as if they dont exist...The one possible way they will affect u is ur ranking in the whole 20 000 cohort..but the effects are minimal if not non existent

FinalFantasy

HSC
lol we kicked those accelerant kids for good, dey were complaining last time in that 3U half yearly!

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
cholly said:
what about ranks and uai's...its totally gonna stuff us up there...and its not because theyre better then us...they just had ONE exam to prepare for we had like six...its not like they offered accelerated program to my grade...i prob would have done it...
quit ya winging, ive done hsc maths as an accelerant and now in my cohort year, doin hsc accelerated is shit cause come trial and hsc time, while all the others are at home studyin ur at school doin ur year 11 classes, and if u take them off, ur screwed in those subjects cause ur behind

hsc time is even worse, u are starting year 12 work and instead of goin 2 class, u are at home studyin or even doin hsc exams in ur accelerated classes, then u finish themm u hav a little party, and wats that, u hav ur first assessements for the next year's year 12, its not as easy as it seems...

also, the worst time is end of year 10, uve done ur sc, and everyone in ur year is just gettin smashed every night, but nooooo, u still have assessment tasks, i had a 4unit maths ass task the day after my year 10 formal....soo shit

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
cholly said:
grr...i just have to vent my anger somewhere...
we sat our half yearlys for 2u and nobody in yr 12 got over 77/90 but all the accelerated yr 11's got 80-85 because they didnt have any other exams and spend like 95% of their time doing maths :chainsaw:
now my rankings gonna go from a fairly descent looking number to something totally not good...not cool...
We had an accelerant place 10th in the state last year :uhhuh:

sweet_gurl_tina

HSC
Estel said:
They're preparing better now, and they're preparing better later = better marks now, better marks later = no effect on you.

It's pathetic to whinge anyhow; you do 3U maths and you manage 77/90, you don't deserve a decent rank.
ouch .

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Oh and if you're bitching it's actually because the accelerants are better than you at maths. I know in year 12 I did way better than year 11, despite having less time and doing harder maths subs I still got higher marks.

kirabolton

HSC
what pisses me off is when an accelerant does the HSC course but re does it in year 12!!! It was funny though, i called my maths tutor and told her i got 37 in the half yearly's and was extremley pleased, another student she has, an accelerant got the same mark and was complaining...hahaha.

FinalFantasy

HSC
kirabolton said:
what pisses me off is when an accelerant does the HSC course but re does it in year 12!!! It was funny though, i called my maths tutor and told her i got 37 in the half yearly's and was extremley pleased, another student she has, an accelerant got the same mark and was complaining...hahaha.
yea those accelerants get a 2nd chance at the HSC:\
and wat pisses ME off is dat... when they are doing it a second time, they can keep doing it up until the trials before they decide whether or not they keep their old scores........

that's cheap lol

Trev

stix
HSC
munkaii said:
don't they just take the highest score?
No, they take the most recent score. That's why FinalFantasy said some stay until just before the HSC exam as they would probably be able to tell whether they would go better 2nd time around or not. Even if your mark from the previous year is higher than the latest mark, you still receive the latest which would be the least for this case.

FinalFantasy

HSC
Trev said:
No, they take the most recent score. That's why FinalFantasy said some stay until just before the HSC exam as they would probably be able to tell whether they would go better 2nd time around or not. Even if your mark from the previous year is higher than the latest mark, you still receive the latest which would be the least for this case.
yap, and staying until just before the HSC is pretty much like, doing it again and taking da best score lol. cuz u would pretty much know if u will do better:\
dey should force the accelerants to decide whether or not to do again before any HSC assessments starts again, dat way dey don't actually get 2 times and pretty much take da better one lol

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I see no problem with them doing it twice. It's their education, do not attempt to deprive them of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)