Choosing a career path after high school (1 Viewer)

Did you have a clear idea of what course/career to pursue at the end of High School?

• Yes

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters

goldensun695

HSC
I'm conducting some research for a SIFE project idea (University Organization) that I'm thinking of introducing, however, I need some raw data so I'd appreciate if you guys could answer my poll.
The central idea of this is to give high school students a more detailed idea of potential careers and courses before actually enrolling into a course at university.
From personal experience, I had no idea what i wanted to study after high school and eventually chose something that I thought I enjoyed in high school.

This is supposed to target high school students, however, input from university students or anyone interested is welcome. Even if you're a university student already enrolled into a course and is currently studying, please take some time to think about how you felt at the end of high school.

If you're able to spare just a moment of your time, please respond to the poll.
I assure you that it'll only take a minute of your time :)

Last edited:
HSC
Not sure if this is open to discussion or not, but I feel like I sorta need to explain my poll choice.

During year 12 I was very into wanting to do nursing and naturopathy (don't ask lol). All I knew that during that year health was the main basis behind what I wanted to do. I was getting so many influences from confused people around me, that I was becoming dragged down and kept changing my mind about what I wanted to be. Then I recied my uai and it wasn't what I needed for uni entry, then I remembered about something my careers advisor tucked into my year 12 portfolio - it was some information regarding a diploma in pathology from tafe - it struck such a resonance with me, it was like a lightning bulb moment kind of deal. It was health + science, and I had always loved science. So yes - finally at the end of year 12 I did indeed figure out what it was I wanted to do career/study wise :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)