Choosing subjects (1 Viewer)

mudcake42

HSC
Re: how does the timetable work?

and how do you pick your subjects? Do they give you a list or something?

KarmaKitten

HSC

Well, once you've accepted your offer, you should check out the subjects offered in your degree and which are compulsory and then note them down. You can do this online by looking at the degree structure and the relevant handbooks.

I cant remember if there was a list on enrolment day, (there might be) but I remember I wrote down the 8 subjects I planned to do in first year beforehand and then filled out the form. Plus its quicker that way. Enrolment can be really long and tedious if you're not prepared.

DeepDarkRose

HSC

yea seriously, look it up online cause at enrollment they usually have a few handbooks lying around chained to a table so you have to line up for them or they make you trek to the student centre and buy one for like $25 or watever....... what's the point when you can look up subjects online faster and just get everything done quickly on the day.....

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

mudcake42 said:
and how do you pick your subjects? Do they give you a list or something?
what degree are you doing? some degrees have all or almost all of their first year subjects set, and you won't have to do any thinking at all. other degrees (arts in particular) have no set subjects and you'll have to spend a fair bit of time thinking about your options.

but yeah, the others are right - look up the units available on the website. often the faculty sites have enrolment guides explaining how the degree is structured and what you need to choose. and they're also right that enrolment will be complete hell if you don't know what subjects you're doing beforehand. you'll have to line up for ages to talk to an advisor, whereas if you just bring a list along you'll breeze through.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)