Choosing The Movie and Sitting Through "Chick Flicks" (1 Viewer)

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
james_chappo said:
HAHAHAAHAH too true. The original triliogy was classic. Epidsode's 1 and 2 were chick flickish bud episode 3 is much more violent and serious - ending star wars on a good note =)
On a good note? As if, four five and six were better then that.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Episode 1 wasnt a chick flick. Episode two was, and episode three to some extent.

Episode two sucked because of the romantic crap, it was over done.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Star Wars is shit get over it people.

Personally I don't like the majority of movies that are out there. I hate chick flicks (boring), don't mind action movies (but it gets a bit repetitive when it's just non-stop violence), the only type of movie I actually like is comedy or thriller. My bf likes action movies, as well as comedy and thriller so 99% of the time we choose one of the last two. I also can't stand toilet humour, it's the most low-brow, unintelligent, pathetic kind of "comedy" there is. Which is why I thought Team America was lame.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Airness said:
I'm not too sure i appreciate Jar Jar Blinks either but yea you're right. First they see Obi Wan and they get turned on. Then they see Yoda and it kind of deflates their bubble.
i love yoda!! hes so cute!

My boyfriend and i usually want to see the same movies, but there are times when i want to see my chick flicks and he wants to see his boy movies. He knows that some of his movies scare me to tears so he goes with his mates. If i want to see a chick flick he'll come with me but if theres ever a movie he wants to see that wont scare the shit out of me i happily go along with him :)

james_chappo

Neurotic To The Bone
HSC
jebbie said:
On a good note? As if, four five and six were better then that.
I never said they weren't better. I agree the original trilogy was much better. I was saying that episode III - being the last movie to be aired - managed to finish off the star wars saga on a good note - despite the flaws of episode's I and II

james_chappo

Neurotic To The Bone
HSC
yenta said:

Personally I don't like the majority of movies that are out there. I hate chick flicks (boring), don't mind action movies (but it gets a bit repetitive when it's just non-stop violence), the only type of movie I actually like is comedy or thriller. My bf likes action movies, as well as comedy and thriller so 99% of the time we choose one of the last two. I also can't stand toilet humour, it's the most low-brow, unintelligent, pathetic kind of "comedy" there is. Which is why I thought Team America was lame.
Maybe you should purchase a sense of humour from your local supermarket ;)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
james_chappo said:
Maybe you should purchase a sense of humour from your local supermarket ;)
So you're saying because I don't find toilet jokes funny, I have no sense of humour??? Typical coming from a guy :p

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
yenta said:

oh yeah.

add team america to that list i have

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Usually my girlfriend and I can agree on a movie. Together we've seen Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (she enjoyed it, I thought it was average) and Crash (which I loved and she didn't enjoy). Yeah, it's pretty weird.
You just have to compromise I guess, but then again I would NEVER see a chick flick with her, or any for that matter. Unless it got rave reviews.

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
So anyway, bf and i have seen a few movies together now, can't avoid it after 2 years, and it came to me that i've never been able to see a movie i GENUINELY want to watch.

He's really indecisive about everything else except for movies. These include

Troy
Alexander
The Last Samurai
Hero
Lord Of The Rings 3
Shrek 2
The Ring 2
Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy
Anchorman

There are some good movies there, otherwise I would've been incredibly reluctant, but when I suggested to watch stuff like "Closer" or "Crash" or "The Notebook" (which aren't necessarily all chick flicks) he screams for his life.

Is it THAT hard for you guys to sit through something that doesn't have fights or toilet humour? Or do I stick with my girly friends and do so?

That's a good subject to bring up.

COS I'M FUCKIN CLUELESS AS TO WHY PEOPLE WOULD OFFER TO SPEND A NICE NIGHT IN WITH YOU AND AUTOMATICALLY THINK I'LL LOVE EUROTRIP (even after I'd seen it a zillion other times with other male friends) over the breakfast club.

Unless it involves sex scenes, nudity, grossass jokes or someone getting blown up, its never on the list

transcendent

HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
So anyway, bf and i have seen a few movies together now, can't avoid it after 2 years, and it came to me that i've never been able to see a movie i GENUINELY want to watch.

Troy
Alexander
The Last Samurai
Hero
Lord Of The Rings 3
Shrek 2
The Ring 2
Anchorman

There are some good movies there, otherwise I would've been incredibly reluctant, but when I suggested to watch stuff like "Closer" or "Crash" or "The Notebook" (which aren't necessarily all chick flicks) he screams for his life.

Is it THAT hard for you guys to sit through something that doesn't have fights or toilet humour? Or do I stick with my girly friends and do so?
First we walked into a cinema and there was all these 'scary' previews. The movie starts and it was The Ring 2 and my friend left cause she wanted to watched Miss Congeniality (sp?) 2 and we bought tickets to that, even though I rather stay. Anyways I sat through the chick flick wishing I'd rather be at home slitting my wrists just to see how it feels cause it'd be more enjoying than watching Sandra Bullock prance around in her flashy costume.

HSC
i don't see the big deal about 'oh noes a chick flick' id watch one, i watched a walk to remember and i didnt mind it, i just make em funny even if there not.

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
we can usually agree on a movie. but i've noticed that at one particular cinema we go to, the movie is always shit. it's spooky.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
As long as you ain't bringing me along to watch Spice Girls the movie or that new sk8r boi then ill watch anything

santaslayer

HSC
Last Chick flick i saw was "Shall We Dance" by JLO (i think thats wat they called the movie)...that was shit as....LoLz..

come to think of it...im such a nice guy...:p

lallypop

HSC
ur_inner_child said:

Troy
Alexander
The Last Samurai
Hero
Lord Of The Rings 3
Shrek 2
The Ring 2
Anchorman

guys mite actually like chick flicks and then question themselves on their sexuality

cabanaboy21

HSC
im a guy and i just let ma gf choose the movies, it saves a lot of pain, sometimes if she picks a chick flick you just have to cop it on the chin n deal... half the time u dont see the whole movie anyway

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
llamalope said:
my first date with this guy i used to go out with was to go and see master and commander.... I can honestly say, I have no idea what went on in that movie.... :D
When you go on a date with a guy to the movies do you ever really know whats going on?

I had to go and see Shrek 2 for a second time cos all my friends were bagging it and I saw it with my, then, bf and I had to be up to date.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)