• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Choosing Units - Need Help (1 Viewer)

PingPong

HSC
hi i am doing actuarial studies and i dont have any idea how to choose wat units to do because there isnt anything specific in the undergrad handbook unlike most of the other subjects :( but then i got something from the info day, its like a few stapled green sheets kinda thing with recommended intake of units for 2004 actuarial studies.

are we supposed to just copy that exactly or can we choose other units instead of those or rearrange the ones that they suggested around and do some of those units in other years??

pls help

PingPong

HSC
thx for the help :)

do i have to follow the program exactly or can i rearrage some subjs like do acst 200 in 3rd yr or something if the prequreistes r ok?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
yes, you can do units out of order. however, you must understand how the system works in terms of which units you will need to do and their prereqs. that said, most people don't follow the recommended program.

your example, moving acst200 into second year would not be advisable because you wouldn't be able to do acst255 in second semester of second year which means you'd require an extra year to graduate.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
flyin' said:
most people don't follow the recommended program.

errr...yes they do!
pingpong, follow the recommended program unless you have an expert or someone who knows what they are doing telling u to change the order of something. Don't play around with it urself, because the recommended program is pretty good and MOST PPL FOLLOW IT.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
okay, take the three mods here - none of us are "following" the recommended timetable.

PingPong

HSC
ok guess i will have to follow the recommended program....unless u guys can recommend something better for actuarial/law :p

something that requires fewer than 5 days :(

and wat is the deal with the 5th and 6th year? how come the program doesnt say wat law units i need to do? oh yeh, is it possible to finish the degree in 5 years?

thx for the help :cool:

flamin'

flyin' said:
okay, take the three mods here - none of us are "following" the recommended timetable.
i'm following recommended program. btw 2 of the mods aren't following recommended program because of factors beyond their control.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
flamin' said:
i'm following recommended program. btw 2 of the mods aren't following recommended program because of factors beyond their control.
that's beside the point, and you're not planning to follow it for app fin anyways.

PingPong said:
ok guess i will have to follow the recommended program....unless u guys can recommend something better for actuarial/law :p

something that requires fewer than 5 days :(

and wat is the deal with the 5th and 6th year? how come the program doesnt say wat law units i need to do? oh yeh, is it possible to finish the degree in 5 years?

thx for the help :cool:
it's six years, unless you can organise your program with alot of summer school and/or external (because quite a few law units are offered externally).

Last edited:

flamin'

OI! I am following it for applied finance. I'm keeping recommended program til end of this year then switching o do something else.

It sounds like you know what I'm doing better than what I know for myself! Just because you're a mod doesn't mean you know everything! =p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
flamin' said:
OI! I am following it for applied finance. I'm keeping recommended program til end of this year then switching o do something else.

It sounds like you know what I'm doing better than what I know for myself! Just because you're a mod doesn't mean you know everything! =p
So your trying to tell me, you're not going to follow the recommended program? :D

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
sem1 is easier than sem2, leaving out acst101.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
ye....from a subjective point of view...
i'd back flamin over flyn

simply coz he has a guaranteed job after he graduates..and he gets better marks than flyn at uni.....(and he's less nerdy)...

=p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)