• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Chris Benoit killed himself, his wife and son! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Wrestler strangled wife, smothered son

PROFESSIONAL wrestling superstar Chris Benoit strangled his wife, smothered his seven-year-old son and then hanged himself from his gym equipment in a double murder-suicide that took place over three days, police have said.
Benoit and his wife Nancy and young son Daniel were discovered on Monday afternoon inside their home in Fayetteville, Georgia, an Atlanta suburb.
Police have also said anabolic steroids were found in the house, but they would not speculate on a possible motive for the crimes.
Nancy was killed on Friday in family room on an upper level of the family mansion. Blood was found under her head and her feet and wrists were bound, the county's district attorney said.
Daniel died late on Saturday or early Sunday. His body was found in his bed, the prosecutor Scott Ballard said, according to the Associated Press.
Bibles were placed beside both bodies. Police have said autopsies have shown all three died of asphyxiation.
The 40-year-old WWE superstar then waited up to a full day before taking his own life by hanging himself using a pulley on one of his weights machines, Mr Ballard said.
He said it was "bizarre" that Benoit had apparently stayed inside the house with the bodies for up to two full days.
"I'm baffled about why anybody would kill a seven-year-old," Mr Ballard said. "I don't think we'll ever be able wrap our head around that."
Benoit's employer, World Wrestling Entertainment, said on its website that he canceled two events in Texas over the weekend, citing an undisclosed family emergency.
Benoit then sent “several curious text messages” to friends early Sunday morning and this prompted authorities to check on Benoit and his family at their home.
Nicknamed “The Rabid Wolverine” and “The Canadian Crippler,” Benoit was one of the leading international stars of professional wrestling.
He began his career in his native Canada more than 20 years ago and wrestled in Japan before moving back to North America.
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21975996-5001028,00.html

More information->>http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=275424

And people still like him! This is seriously sick! How mental does someone have to be to kill their own kid?!

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Who gives a shit?
well, theyll have to bring the undertaker out of retirement

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
withoutaface said:
Who gives a shit?

yeah, it's just like if a rapper dies, who gives a shit, they are monkeys put there in that little TV box for our entertainment, it's not like they are contributing to society like, for example, politicians. Entertainers are NOT people and they are most definently unintelligent, so they are expendable.

T

trolloutaface

I can't believe we have some of his wrestling videos at home.

The kid was only 7 years old :(

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
withoutaface said:
Who gives a shit?
That's a pretty easy opinion to have. He's a popular entertainer who died/killed in bizzare circumstances. But wait, he's a wrestler so who cares amirite?

I liked Benoit, and he didn't seem like the type of guy who could do this type of thing when I watched wrestling regularly, and judging from the interviews with people who knew him. Something big must have happened to cause him to go a little crazy like he did.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
anyone over 14 who likes wrestlin has their opinion instantly discounted

bored6

HSC
gypo_rich said:
Usually with these murder-suicides I tend to wait a week or two before reading the complete thing - so as the week or two go by, some more concrete information is available. First time to read about a double murder-suicide straight out - pretty distressing. "motive" still not known - would be intrested to see what affected him to kill his wife and son
Steroids + No Breaks + High Pressure + Bullshit macho ideology of WWE = trouble.

I'm suprised there isn't much opposition to the schedule and demands of this industry.

Pace_T

HSC
wow i knew that leprechaun type of guy was crazy in the head, never really liked him..
reminds me of when that other wrestler was found dead, forgot his name now but he was mexican or spanish and was funnyy
wrestlers dropping like flies left right and center!

BritneySpears

Banned
HSC
They said it could be due to Roidrage. Aggressive behaviour usually displayed by steroid pumped up gym junkie. Now I'm scared to be near my friends who regularly go to gym considering the widespread use of steroid :(

HSC

Pace_T

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
yeah thats his name. he was awesome. didnt think ud be so interested in wrestling since ur a girl lol.
its interesting how info about his wife was posted on wikipedia before the cops even knew about it, i wonder how this will work out? maybe the cops didnt make it public straight away? who knows

xx__savannah

HSC
And now there's an Aussie connection with the whole Wiki thing.

Heard somewhere that the boy had a minor retardation? How could he cope for a day knowing his mum's dead?

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
BritneySpears said:
They said it could be due to Roidrage. Aggressive behaviour usually displayed by steroid pumped up gym junkie. Now I'm scared to be near my friends who regularly go to gym considering the widespread use of steroid :(

Yeah, but Roid Rage lasts 5-10 minutes, not over 3 days.

Cases like this, theres usually a number of factors involved

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)