• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

christianity and dinosaurs> can they be friends? (1 Viewer)

Comrade nathan

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Please don't be hypocritical and prove it.

Some things, for some people don't need proving. For you, it does in order to believe. I find that very instinctive and understandable, so you are valid in your choice not to believe in a religion.

Yet condemning those who require no proof to believe in something is another matter. Questioning others in order to enforce your beliefs that religion is illogical is ILLOGICAL within itself because we don't need proof, but you do. Why? Because we're not the same people. Sounds logical to me, don't you? So this argument never ends.
It seems to me the difference between you and Not-that-bright is that you are so quick to jump to spiritual beliefs when something cant be explain. If there is a problem you people run and hide in religions "oh well i catn explian it so therefor there god will be a substitute.

Also logic is not subjective.

Last edited:

waterfowl

HSC
I am a Christian because I love God and know him. You may call this crazy but I don't care! You want to know why, well I'm sorry but I am not going to waste my time telling you when you dismiss what I say.

Have your science and logic, and I will have my God.

waterfowl

HSC
Comrade nathan said:
It seems to me the difference between you and Not-that-bright is that you are so quick to jump to spiritual beliefs when something cant be explain. If there is a problem you people run and hide in religions "oh well i catn explian it so therefor there god will be a susbtitute.
You jump to your scientific beliefs, you call them facts.

I call what I believe in, fact.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Comrade nathan said:
It seems to me the difference between you and Not-that-bright is that you are so quick to jump to spiritual beliefs when something cant be explain. If there is a problem you people run and hide in religions "oh well i catn explian it so therefor there god will be a susbtitute.
Please reread my posts and name to me WHEN i "hide in religions" because I never told you whether I was Christian or Atheist. I merely said I had been both. Looks like you're quick to jump too.

I think religion shouldn't be condemned as "WRONG" simply it if it doesn't meet the standards of SOME according to the credibility of a belief. This was, and always has, been my initial argument. Please read my posts.

Comrade nathan

HSC
In your post you have implied that science can explain everything. You went on to say that religion ehlps go on to do this. A gap filler, i can look for it if you really want.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Comrade nathan said:
In your post you have implied that science can explain everything. You went on to say that religion ehlps go on to do this. A gap filler, i can look for it if you really want.
In my post??? No I think not. Again, please re-read my posts.

Comrade nathan

HSC
waterfowl said:
I am a Christian because I love God and know him. You may call this crazy but I don't care! You want to know why, well I'm sorry but I am not going to waste my time telling you when you dismiss what I say.

Have your science and logic, and I will have my God.
Well why have you been arguing all throughout it you have been doing nothing but using dogmatic rhetoric, and now yuo admit it.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Comrade nathan said:
Well why have you been arguing all throughout it you have been doing nothing but using dogmatic rhetoric, and now yuo admit it.
What the hell are you talking about? You've interoggated him by quoting from the bible, questioning him, and concluded his religion (in a weird and awkward jump) was incredible or wrong. WTF? Avoided my rebuttal have you?

Admit what? That God and religion is the gap filler??? Please name where he has admitted this so.

EDIT: Waterfowl is a guy so I had to change!

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
What we've come to here is the end of this discussion,
the Christians get mad that they cannot explain god and on the inside it hurts them that logic simply doesn't work in place with their beliefs... So they start saying 'ACCEPT EVERYONES BELIEFS!', because the truth is they're just starting to get scared..

This is how alot of these debates end.

waterfowl

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
What the hell are you talking about? You've interoggated her by quoting from the bible, questioning her, and concluded her religion (in a weird and awkward jump) was incredible or wrong. WTF? Avoided my rebuttal have you?

Admit what? That God and religion is the gap filler??? Please name where she has admitted this so.
LOL....if you're talking about me it should be him, he etc...LOL

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
the Christians get mad that they cannot explain god and on the inside it hurts them that logic simply doesn't work in place with their beliefs... So they start saying 'ACCEPT EVERYONES BELIEFS!', because the truth is they're just starting to get scared..

Hell if I'm scared. I never ENFORCED religion onto you. I think its irrational for you to assume that religion is "WRONG" and not believing in religion is "RIGHT". What right and stance do you have?

waterfowl

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:

LOL I'm not scared, and you have not dented the tiniest hole in my beliefs.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
pssst... if you havent figured this out, I'm more atheist than christian... so remember...

I AM REBUTTING in the way you ARGUE and the ILLOGICAL way you can conclude that religion is WRONG

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:

hasn't quite ended yet. So far I've had the last word... *cough*

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Hell if I'm scared. I never ENFORCED religion onto you. I think its irrational for you to assume that religion is "WRONG" and not believing in religion is "RIGHT". What right and stance do you have?
how do i not have a right to assume religion is wrong?

I accept that people have other beliefs, i'm open to anything factual, however at the moment.. i believe my belief is right.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
how do i not have a right to assume religion is wrong?

I accept that people have other beliefs, i'm open to anything factual, however at the moment.. i believe my belief is right.

you've proved that you CAN'T accept that people have other beliefs through the way you've interrogated those who believe in Christianity.

Not-That-Bright said:
i believe my belief is right.
But YOU have no right to condemn others for what THEY believe is right.

waterfowl

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I haven't stated my reasons for concluding why religion is wrong, i've simply challenged waterfowls belief.
Well it hasn't worked because I still believe, and I do not doubt it one bit!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)