Christianity Principal Teachings (1 Viewer)

excellence1

HSC
How does Christianity's principal teachings link to peace?

Trinity
Salvation
Divinity and Humanity of Jesus

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Trinity:
The link between the Trinity and peace, is the work of each person of the Trinity, the Father elects; he sends the Son; the Son dies and is raised to life; and the Spirit brings conviction of this truth to others.

Salvation:
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. - IS 53:5

Ultimately Christians believe that peace comes through the death and resurrection of Jesus, by which the powers of sin, death and Satan are defeated; and sins are forgiven/atoned for, and the wrath of God is turned aside.

The saying goes that peace comes through the cross. Because in the most ironic way, the power of sin, fear and the devil were disarmed.

Divinity/Humanity of Jesus
For God was pleased to have all His fullness dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through the blood of His cross. - Colossians 1:19-20.

According to Christianity belief, Jesus is required to be divine and human, to perfectly represent humanity (think of it as a legal dispute), as an "advocate". The thing is Jesus is divine because it is necessary for a perfect mediator between us and the Father. He is also required to be human, to be our substitute (die/be punished instead of us), but required to be divine so to be able to bear the full wrath of God, and to be sinless.

Jesus also, in Christian belief, is the exact representation of God and his being, and so hence in the act of bringing peace through death and resurrection, is designed to convict us of God and his truth; as one is convinced that Jesus is who he says he is (that is divine, which is obviously disputed by other religions)
====

That should be a start.

Last edited:

BPunjabi

Banned
HSC
Ok so looking at all past papers for trials they usually give two questions. It looks something like this:

1. i) Identify one ethical teaching and its origin
ii) How does the ethical teaching in part a) i) guide adherents in their daily living

2. How is the will of God portray in one sig fig person other than jesus

Now for 1 i) take a point from here:http://portal.waverley.nsw.edu.au/li...s_summary.html and support it with a quote from the bible

For 1 ii) describe how it impacts others and provide two christian companies that support environmental ethics
For last question talk about the main impacts of a chosen christian (Pope John Paul, Roncalli, Mary Mickilop ect.)

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok so looking at all past papers for trials they usually give two questions. It looks something like this:

1. i) Identify one ethical teaching and its origin
ii) How does the ethical teaching in part a) i) guide adherents in their daily living

2. How is the will of God portray in one sig fig person other than jesus

Now for 1 i) take a point from here:http://portal.waverley.nsw.edu.au/li...s_summary.html and support it with a quote from the bible

For 1 ii) describe how it impacts others and provide two christian companies that support environmental ethics
For last question talk about the main impacts of a chosen christian (Pope John Paul, Roncalli, Mary Mickilop ect.)
Just to let you know, BPunjabi, don't spam posts in this forum with the same reply, which you have.
Secondly, to advise OP, excellence1, that don't neglect studying just because this person guesses or thinks they know what is in trials.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)