Christmas (1 Viewer)

HSC
I've undergone this but I'm testing the stock of the L&R kids. You're in a relationship, you're invited over for Christmas.

WHAT

DO

YOU

DO

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
youBROKEmyLIFE said:
I've undergone this but I'm testing the stock of the L&R kids. You're in a relationship, you're invited over for Christmas.

WHAT

DO

YOU

DO
go but don't commit myself to staying.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
pft like that would fucking happen
they don't want me as it is
and it'll be like
zomg1 shock! horror! we have a muslim in house on christmas

faggots
i'm still buying my boyf a heaps sexcellent chrissy pressie :):)

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
youBROKEmyLIFE said:

WHAT

DO

YOU

DO
Poop under the Christmas tree, I don't believe in jesus.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
housah0lic said:
pft like that would fucking happen
they don't want me as it is
and it'll be like
zomg1 shock! horror! we have a muslim in house on christmas
Where's your hijab woman? Put it back on and go back to the kitchen.:pain:

No seriously, why would they care, it's not like you have horns. Tell them to stop being jackasses.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
you go
fuck

YOU GO. YOU'VE HAD THE LAST ~18 CHRISTMAS' AT HOME WITH YR LAME FAMILY, TAKE THE INVITATION AND RUN.

some problems you may encounter;
- what do i wear?
- should i bring the inlaws a gift. a bottle of wine perhaps?
- am i obliged to bring other members a gift. this is a solid no.

however i went to christmas in sydney with the bf not long after we started going out. id only ever met his mum and dad before that, and was introduced to the whole family. i didnt bring anybody a gift other than him, but was given something by all family members. felt guilty, but it was ok coz how was i to know?

no, no
christmas is something you definitely do. infact, any celebratory events involving the significant other can never be dodged, unless you have a prior engagement or are dead.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i'd been going out with my bf for 4 months before i got asked to go along to family christmas, which wasn't just his immediate family but also his grandmother, and her 8 brothers and sisters, all of their spouses, kids and grandkids. this was like a 30+ people gathering. A little daunting, but in the end everything turned out ok.

Normally at christmas we split up the gatherings depending on whats going on - usually it's lunch or breakfast at my house and then dinner at his.

Just go at least once, then you can judge whether its worth going back the next year hah.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
youBROKEmyLIFE said:

WHAT

DO

YOU

DO
You probably should go , I however always refused to - i love my family traditions and i hate change...so for me it would have been too traumatic.
If you go , bring a gift for the whole family , wine is usually a winner ( just make sure its good) and then a massive amount of chocolate for any little kids.
That shows you have been considerate of the family , but also isnt all that expensive.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Born Dancer said:
i'd been going out with my bf for 4 months before i got asked to go along to family christmas, which wasn't just his immediate family but also his grandmother, and her 8 brothers and sisters, all of their spouses, kids and grandkids. this was like a 30+ people gathering. A little daunting, but in the end everything turned out ok.

Normally at christmas we split up the gatherings depending on whats going on - usually it's lunch or breakfast at my house and then dinner at his.

Just go at least once, then you can judge whether its worth going back the next year hah.
omg i know right
this was a 30+ arrangement and all these old people gave me presents and i was like thx ... didnt get u anything coz i didnt know ...

one guy had parkinsons so he sat in the corner and shook. i was like, k awkward

HSC
you're a heartless bitch thats why. be more like me, just dont get invited to any family engagements even if they are in leeton which is closer to my home than theirs and its not like iv been going out with their daughter for 3 years even when she was a fucking cripple. anyways..

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
hahahaha

bitter.

i wouldnt go to their shindigs anyway, how boring. at least pete has people with mental retardation and parkinsons.

HSC
yeah bitter. they let her drive 90km by herself on friday, holy crap, allowing some sort of independance to an almost 19yr old?

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
katie tully said:
omg i know right
this was a 30+ arrangement and all these old people gave me presents and i was like thx ... didnt get u anything coz i didnt know ...

one guy had parkinsons so he sat in the corner and shook. i was like, k awkward
haha tell me about it. within ten minutes of meeting a great uncle i had been told pretty much his entire medical history, including his intense bout of ross river fever :/

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I'd be all like "okay bitch get dressed up nice - Santa's coming over to bring you some toys and you've been naughty this year" and then not turn up and post about it on BOS.

*Baby-K*

HSC
Last year, I had only been going out with my bf for 2months and I got invited to Christmas lunch at his grandparents house, so I went it was quite fun actually. I bought his mum, dad and siblings a present but not the grandparents. After lunch my family got invited to his uncles house for a continuation of Christmas lunch which went onto dinner. My bf only gave his aunty a 1 days notice that he invited my whole family (cause otherwise I wouldn't have gone) and he copped alot of shit for it :rolleyes:
Then, his family always goes away to Port Macquarie for a week and spends NY there. He refused to go unless I went so we drove up there in his car, were absolutely broke and lived on $6 per day which bought us drinks and ice cream and you know what- It was one of the BEST times we have ever had!:santa:

EDIT- we didn't stay there for a week, I think we only spent 3 nights up there and then drove back for NYE to Sydney

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)