Christopher Pyne (1 Viewer)

Tasteless

HSC
Are Indigenous culture, sustainability, and Asia really 'leftist leanings'?

They aren't relevant to the physical sciences mostly, but you said humanities, and they seem like topics relevant to an Australian humanities education.

Unless you're talking about some other 'leftist leanings', I haven't really paid atrention to Pyne.
If they were brought up as specific topics and addressed within I wouldnt have a problem but embedding them in any and all areas where any connection can be made is excessive imo (in the context of the current system, ideally anything and everything would be interrelated where possible but emphasising these 3 alone doesnt really serve an educational purpose).

Except for the focus on Asia which I think is p dumb because geo locations are becoming increasingly meaningless.

LANADELREY

HSC
Are Indigenous culture, sustainability, and Asia really 'leftist leanings'?

They aren't relevant to the physical sciences mostly, but you said humanities, and they seem like topics relevant to an Australian humanities education.

Unless you're talking about some other 'leftist leanings', I haven't really paid atrention to Pyne.
Part of the problem is that beliefs come in packages - maybe learning about different cultures on its own is okay, but it's going to come with a whole host of other cultural marxist crap in the curriculim + by the individual teachers who buy into it: diversity is a good thing, race doesn't exist, portray all non-European history positively, portray all European history negatively, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)