CIRCLE geometry. =((( (1 Viewer)

Z

Zeitgeist

How important is circle geometry in 4 unit? Because I am absolutely horrible at it. For my half-yearly, it was the majority of lost marks.

Will I cope if I can't do circle geometry, or should I start going straight back over it if I ever hope to do 4U?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i didnt do 4u, but try to see some of the tricks for some of the questions. i know a common rule for 3u was "angle between tangent and chord equals angle in alternate segment"

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
4u circle geometry has to be tackled in a calm manner. If you don't see the answer immediately, that is nothing to panic about. What you have to do is just to mark out what information you know, and just draw on your diagram what facts you know from the theorems. After that, it should be relatively easy to see.

The most common theorems in 4u are cyclic quadilaterals and its properties, and angles in the same segment.

I hope that helps

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
Hrm, why don't you just do heaps of questions OUT of exam?

past paper questions

gman03

HSC
Harimau said:
The most common theorems in 4u are cyclic quadilaterals and its properties, and angles in the same segment.
In the exams, they are most likely to ask you to derive equations of the chord of contact from the given equation of an ellipse/hyperbola.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
gman03 said:
In the exams, they are most likely to ask you to derive equations of the chord of contact from the given equation of an ellipse/hyperbola.
You are decribing conics, not circle geometry. :)

gman03

HSC
Sorry my bad, I got them confuse most of the time... But there isn't much circle geometry in 4U apart from mechanics...

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
lol, I s'pose that makes a crazy sort of sense.

He means harder 3u circle geo.

anyway, contact me if you want a compilation of circlegeo past trial paper questions.

and on a side note, tis good to see you again, CM. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)