Citizen Kane (1 Viewer)

mn26

HSC
It doesn't seem like anybody is studying Citizen Kane...
If you are, what types of ideas would you put into an essay if the question was to do with textual integrity, or why it is worthy of continued study??

menzies03

HSC
I'm studying Citizen Kane as well... ^^
For textual integrity:
Cinematography - different use of camera angles to show power of Kane and others, also shots throughout film shows omniscient power of camera (ability to search for truth, as with the revelation of Rosebud)
Sound - augments feelings to be ecpressed eg tent scene and breakfast scene, can also contrast expected feelings
Mis en scene - allows viewer to be wary of some facts eg breakfast scene, more objects = increased seperation
Plot/Dialogue - certain aspects reveal the power and feelings of a person, allows audience to see past what the people saw int he movie (eg we know what Rosebud is, although they don't)
Lighting - use of expressionism/film noir, shadows can reveal power, eg Kane standing over Susan and she leaning out get out of shadow

For the continued study thing these points cna also be used to show the multiple layers present within the film, such as the different readings, as well as the innovations present within the film such as Deep Focus and transitions shots. Its best to find information of the ocntext of the film and explain it from there

Well thats some info whcih i can gather at the moment, tad tired...
I hope it helps YOU, and if i am wrong please help ME ;D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)