Civil Engineering Cadetships!!! (1 Viewer)

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
HEy!

So i was wondering if civil engineering cadetships exist...which i think they do but im not sure, so for people who know can u tell me how do u apply for one etc etc. or just give me info regarding the cadetships.

I am also interested in accounting cadetships and know that there are particular firms that are really good and which people can apply to, are there any such firms or companies that i can apply to for a civil engineering cadetship? Some websites would be useful

Thanks 4 takin time to read i just hope ppl can get back wit some anwers!!
Cheers!:)

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
thanks for the website...however i do look forward to ur more detailed info =)

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
hey!

Do u mean cadetship or creditship (sorry im not trying to be picky or anything, because if there is a difference i dont know it)
well...i dunno much about B Construction but does that have good job prospects/money? i wouldnt mind if u could give me some more info.
I see that u are doing a civil engineering degree...can u tell me how u like it and what u think the benefits are?

Thanks

Last edited:

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
Well I like chess (not that good tho…), and I don’t know what sukoco is lol….if u mean sodoku yes I like that too(im much better in it than chess) =)..what is the reason?

Civil engineering always sounded more interesting to me! i dunno, im just fascinated with buildings and their design and construction and what not (omg I feel so lame!!) Oh btw…do u go to uts? So pretty much u answered a major question tht was bugging me and that was the career advancement in engineering. Do u know any starting salaries for civil engineering or potential salaries? Is it really mathsy? Or physicsy? I don’t mind if they are but im just totally sucking in them atm…although I like physics…
Oh and one last Q, are there particularly good firms or companies in which civil engineers are employed…for example, I also have an inkling to do accounting so if I joined pwc or kpmg it would be good because they are among the top four firms in Aus. Oh btw thanks for the informative reply!! =)

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
wow! ok thanks for the great info!!
i am doing 3 unit maths already, im actually better in it than 2 unit....i want to do an accoutning cadetship, wich means that its unlikely i can do a double degree...especially if civil engineering is like 5 yrs full time
The pay sounds pretty sweet...what are the working hours? do they increase with pay
ok maybe i was exaggerating, im not THAT bad at phys or maths...so no need for bridging course and what not...
oh and do u enjoy chess/sodoku? haha just asking....=)
"in first semister you learn how to build a house from nothing" - wow! sounds really interesting how creative!! :eek:
thanks again!

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
How long would B Bus/B Eng (civil) take?
ahh well...hopefully there are other interesting things...
ok another question, i know im bugging u so sorry!! but, for the engineering scholarships, they only take 20 students...and for civil engineering probably only 2!! what do u think they look for in order to grant the scholarship/ could u give me some useful tips? oh and one last, do u work in an engineering firm in the holidays? if so where do u work and what do u think about it...oh btw, r u doing a construction or structural major or whatever....(i dunt even no what that means lol :p)

Last edited:

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
Musk said:
construction => on site enginering work in regards of buildings (homes, high rises, warehouses and bridges)

structural => off site engineering work in regards to the design of high rise buildings, bridges and other stuff that i cant remember. it is commonly regarded as a office job however
ok, so since u dont mind answering questions, are there any differences in pay if u pick one from another? why did u choose construction
structural seems just as interesting interesting, do u ever get to go on site?
oh...i dont think im geeky (well i hope im not!!)...do u have any mates who have the scholarship? can u ask them how competitive it is ( i imagine i must be very!) and do u have to be a freak to get it etc etc?
ok ok one last!! the ratio of girls to boys that u think do civil engineering

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
wow! thanks for all the info, atm i can't think of any more questions, but i might soon!! im def gunna try out for the scholarships. thanks a bunch =)

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
actually ive got another question...do any of the other unis offer scholarships...its just that u prolly kno of the top of ur head and i cbb researching

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
i was really considering usyd, but maybe not now lol, thanks for the info.
i spose uts is the way to. but u dont think that usyd will become better do u? why is it so bad? the uai cutoff is higher (i think)
in the one year of pract exp they give u, do u get to go into a firm/industry and work there? and if so, are there chances of future employment through the prac exp at the place u work. aaand is there an accrediation for civil engineers? i know that there is like an austrlian institure of engieers or whatever, but is there a special one for CE?

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
so is the uai higher becuase of the competition (people think that engineering in syd is better?) or because of the naturally limited places available?

do u do the internship in one continous year or is it separated like 2 non consecutive semesters?

whats a consulting engineer? is it worth to get an accreditation?

did ur friend accept the offer? hes an idiot if he dint!!!
but the two frends u mentioned must have been really good, its not everyday that those kinda jobs are offered to full time uni students...right?

ok, now for a question u prolly may not know the answer to... do u think that accounting (as boring as it is) is better in the long run when compared to CE. i know that u will think the latter is, but if u can give me an impartial opinion it wud be good.

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
poor poor stubborn white boy?? hmmm....

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
i tot the cut off was like low 90s?? for civil eng i mean

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
what was the reason?

usyd cant be all that bad...my bro goes there...but then again hes acing law hehe =)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Musk said:
actually the 1 billion is rubbish (unless you source is) because im aware that usyd gave 2.1 mill to the unions after they told everyone to transfer to unsw bcoz unsw gave 2.2mill to their union
http://www.usyd.edu.au/about/publication/pub/annual/2005/AnnualReport_2005.pdf
2005 Annual report - it has probably gone up in 2006.

remember u need a credit average to get wat u want otherwise the uni does some bs process (it happened to some guy)
I have guaranteed entry into civil because the entrance score won't rise above my UAI (told to me by the Dean/person who does the flexi cut off applications). To be honest I don't mind going into civil but I want to do well to keep my options open.

mmm have u been to redfern station? n im being honest
No, I live on the North Shore which means I catch two buses to the university. But I'll definitely go to Redfern soon to see Aborigines in thier natural habitat.

P.S. Just chillax man :cool:

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
i hear that uts doesnt have much of a campus unlike unsw + usyd...does that really affect uni/social life or whatever??

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
La Divina said:
i hear that uts doesnt have much of a campus unlike unsw + usyd...does that really affect uni/social life or whatever??
Well, there's a thread in the UTS subforum that was basically like "what is the socal life like a UTS?"

http://community.boredofstudies.org...tudent-life-uts-vs-usyd.html?highlight=social
http://community.boredofstudies.org...00286/social-life-uts-p.html?highlight=social

There are a few; have a browse through the general forum to get an idea - I'm sure there is more.

UTS engineering runs camps at the start of the year/O-week so you'd definitely get to know people that way.

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
just curious(not that it will affect my decision)...in CE do more ethnics or aussies do it?

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
La Divina said:
just curious(not that it will affect my decision)...in CE do more ethnics or aussies do it?
Probably mixed and depends what university you eventually go to.

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
im pretty much only considering uts atm...musk do u know?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)