Civil Engineering vs Construction (1 Viewer)

soccerfan1

HSC
N/A
let me make things more clear

1. B Engineering(Civil)

vs

2. B Construction [or any sort of construction related, eg. con. management]

a reply of just number 1 or 2, would be fine

thx (really need to know)

pottsy44

HSC
pottsy44 said:
there is already answers to this in the UNSW engineering forum.
a construction management degree with focus more on the practical side of the construction industry as opposed to engineering.

for instance, in CM generally the main focus is construction economics with key job prospects in quantity surveying, project management and construction management.

"both degrees are quite broad in the sense that there is many different job prospects.

the construction economics part of the CM degree does not always appeal to all people and in some ways this is why a civil engineering degree generally gets the thumbs up ahead of the construction management degree.

if you choose to go construction management UTS is the place to be.

civil engineering, i believe that usyd and unsw are both very good, but dont take my word for that one.

as an after thought, if you choose to do construction management, both newcastle and uws (its course outline has changed from a building focus to a economic focus) are quite good aswell."

it would help if you asked specific questions about the degree or jobs which come from the degree and id be able to help you better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)