Civil Structures need help! (1 Viewer)

L i q u i d

HSC
Does anyone have any information on the "impact of historical developments in bridge construction on society and the environment" . Can anyone explain to me what i would need to write about... the main points.

i need to talk about application of mechanics and physics principles. <- dont understand

materials technology and useage <- i understand but if you have any info would it would still help

construction and processing methods - for this would it be like making bridges off site and the transportation of materials , what was done on Sydney harbour bridge.

And i need to construct a bridge aswell, did you guys make it on your own from scratch or get instructions from somewhere, or get help from teacher?? I havent started making it yet.

mezza-canuck

HSC
Hey, we're in the process of making a pasta bridge, we have to make it span 300mm gap, with 25mm on either side on a solid surface, and it has to be 45mm wide, but any height, we can only use glue and uncooked pasta

dont know if that'll help but there ya go

boss302

HSC
you need to talk about how it has effected the environment as in extracting the materials out of the ground (e.g. big mines) also the need of energy and the "coke" that needs to be produced for the blast furnaces. then talk about how bridgens have helped the environment as a road doesnt need to be placed alll the way down a river and all the way back, thus less nature is destroyed and less animals will be killed. then you need to talk about the effect on peoples lives such as making it easier and safer, also they spend less time travelling and more time enjoying them selves improving the quality of life. then there are also then ne negatives such as the eyesore on the envrionment ect.
and if you are building a bridge build a howe through truss box girder. great design permiates the forces applied towerds the end, came second in my class and i accidentially dropped a weight on it Opps. our class made bridges out of balsa wood mine weighed 300gramms held 94 kilograms. also remember to put X members on the top and bottom minimises torsional forces

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)