• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Civilization IV (1 Viewer)

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I finished a game today by space victory. Apparently it took only 1 hour and 44 mins but I swear it must have taken longer. It felt like ages anyway.

HSC
RCMasterAA said:
Apparently it took only 1 hour and 44 mins but I swear it must have taken longer. It felt like ages anyway.
Woah! one hour! It usually takes me around 3 to 5 hours to finish a game...but i always like to play epic. The annoying thing though is that as the game moves into the 1900s, it begins to crash...need a better computer (sigh).

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i went to a gaming cafe in the city and played from 9 AM - 4:40 PM and i'd only just reached 1800s i think. i wiped out only 1 civ on my continent, 1 left. playing epic yet the game moves pretty fast. really good to chill out to but it does get boring if all you're doing is spamming workers and making wonders but i was preparing for the right time to attack. the game crashes occasionally =_=. i want to get it.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I haven't played it yet, but I'm kinda worried by the faster pacing. Sure it was a strategic move by the developer to arguably make the game more enjoyable via faster pacing.. but I really preferred the slower epic games, where you got heaps of time to think through every move. I like to scrutinise everything.

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
JKDDragon said:
I haven't played it yet, but I'm kinda worried by the faster pacing. Sure it was a strategic move by the developer to arguably make the game more enjoyable via faster pacing.. but I really preferred the slower epic games, where you got heaps of time to think through every move. I like to scrutinise everything.
You get to choose the game speed. I usually play on Normal but I guess you'd like Epic speed which, despite its name, is the slowest.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Two Words: Fucking. Awesome.

I love this game so much that it makes me sad I'm leaving on holidays tomorrow.

Tolrs

HSC
I have just spent the first 2 weeks of my summer with this game. Who says the beach is cooler than my bedroom. Hell, while u were out at the beach I conquered the American Empire. You may have been working on your tan but I was working on the Pyramids. Yet "the beach provides you with a social environment in which to interact with your fellow humans" you say. Haha, I laugh in the face of your social life, my social life involves Cleopatra and Roosevelt and THE MALINESE*. Swimming might be your favourite past time, but have you ever tried colonizing another continent while trying to keep you military competitive with a Incan bent on your destruction. The sand you brush away is how I brushed away Ghandi's Indian pacifists.

I cry now as I think that my ploy to contol the UN has failed, just like your attempts at playing beach Lacrosse. Anyone who wants to get Civ 4 for Christmas, please do, but your empire will never be as mighty as that of Kubla Khan.#

*game reference
#Samuel Taylor Coleridge reference....is that how u spell refrence?

transcendent

HSC
N/A
dude... i think you've been spending too much time playing games... oh and Cleopatra isn't in Civilization IV.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
what? Civilization IV isn't great?
Aww III rocks, :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
more like civilizGAYtion...
No I think he means all Civilization games, as I haven't played C IV as of yet I have to say that C III is a pretty good game :), although it can get very long if you want it to be. But it is easy to play and makes you want to keep playing :).

HSC
New patch has just been released for Civ IV (at last...)

Adds a new speed! (Woot!) Marathon...for those people that like extra long games. I haven't tried it yet, but by the sounds of it, looks as if though it would take two weekends to finish.

The patch also makes the game use less RAM and video memory. Now I can finally make it into the 1900s without the great lag.

Numerous of other litle glitches are now also fixed.

Now with this patch applied, this is truely the best Civ game.

I especially like this game for one thing: the intro music and it seems heaps of other people agree.
Love Baba Yetu! great song. The entire soundtrack for the game is a masterpiece. Good work Christopher Tin!

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Top game. Definately worth downloading *ahem* I mean buying :D

Collin

HSC
N/A
Got my work laptop last week.. now I can finally realise my original goal of having one work/uni laptop and just have my existing gaming desktop for gaming only. Love having two PCs in my bedroom.. how geeky of me. Might go grab this game in a fortnight when I rack up some cash. I'm really excited, and most of you here seem to be lovin' this game, which makes it even better.

Oh well, guess I should get ready to resign my job, defer uni, break up with my gf and cancel all social commitments for the next few months....... heh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)