Clarifying tutorial registrations... (1 Viewer)

Darkenedjib

HSC
Hi, could someone confirm these things for tutorial registration?

1) My aut and spring units are located at "Communication Arts" and "Computing and Maths", so I should be registering tutorials at 3pm tomorrow and the rest on Friday.

2) Here's a screen of the timetable for one of my units:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/satoru2005/tutorials.jpg
The time for lecture session has been chosen and I select the given time. And for prac/tutorials I select a time from one of the 4 columns.

3) After registering for all my units the next step is to turn up at orientation day.

Btw I'd just like to say thanks for all the advice people on these forums have given me, it's been really helpful in this otherwise very annoying application for enrollment. :)

L

LaraB

Darkenedjib said:
Hi, could someone confirm these things for tutorial registration?

1) My aut and spring units are located at "Communication Arts" and "Computing and Maths", so I should be registering tutorials at 3pm tomorrow and the rest on Friday.

2) Here's a screen of the timetable for one of my units:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/satoru2005/tutorials.jpg
The time for lecture session has been chosen and I select the given time. And for prac/tutorials I select a time from one of the 4 columns.

3) After registering for all my units the next step is to turn up at orientation day.

Btw I'd just like to say thanks for all the advice people on these forums have given me, it's been really helpful in this otherwise very annoying application for enrollment. :)

Provided that the days for each of teh schools match with those provided by the uni website (which i'm assuming they do since you sound like you checked?) sounds good :)

Optophobia

HSC
If there is only one lecture, you wont need to choose it. Only your tutorials.

dynasty

HSC
sorry to take away from the thread starter but when registering for tutorials do they really go THAT quickly like in minutes from opening, cuz what if i have slow internet

simply__me

HSC
dynasty said:
sorry to take away from the thread starter but when registering for tutorials do they really go THAT quickly like in minutes from opening, cuz what if i have slow internet
Yeah, my net just happened to be capped TODAY when tutorial regs open at 3pm. >.> Talk about convenience..

L

LaraB

dynasty said:
depends on the course and the unit and whether it's day/night and its popularity...

eg - 1st year units tend to go quicker coz people worruy about it so get on straight away, but by 3rd year it slows down a little... also coz there's less time slots available in later eyars generally due to less people...

Day classes go quicker than night classes - often coz night class people are working etc so can't get on straight away or the fact that there's little difference between time slots...

Just make sure you sign in a couple of minutes before so you're into the system.. if you try to get to the pweb page right on the time you'll probably find that its at full capacity...

A minut e or 2 before - open up pweb and sign in.. then when its closer to the time, open the actual tute rego section and then open up the actual unit you wanna do.. you should be alright then :)

tkfkd

HSC
err, why is 'not enabled' section's not opened for registeration? Damn, I set up my timetable assuming that the 'not enabled' section was going to open.

And weird thing is that 2 of my unit has "Not Enabled" in every time available.

Last edited:

Darkenedjib

HSC
Wow my internet received a dropout 5 minutes ago (gah stormy weather <_<) and I kinda panicked lol but managed to get back on just now and found there were 4 spaces left on the time I wanted :p.

kerfuffle

HSC
I got the times I wanted for one of my units! ^_^
-_-" Unfortunately, I have three units left to do, so that means another tutorial registration for me at 10 tomorrow.

darkmiracles

HSC
yay i got pretty much everything i wanted.
only have to go to uni 2 days a week =D

Optophobia

HSC
dynasty said:
Most good positions are gone with in 1 minute. If you have dial up, you're screwed.

Broadband is good, going to a UWS library is better.

tkfkd

HSC
Can anyone answer my question please? :) Why is 'not enabled' section's not opened for registeration?

2 of my unit has "Not Enabled" in every time available which is more weird...

simply__me

HSC
tkfkd said:
Can anyone answer my question please? :) Why is 'not enabled' section's not opened for registeration?

2 of my unit has "Not Enabled" in every time available which is more weird...
tkfkd, you're doing IT, yes?

I assume you're looking at Principles of Pro Comm?

I don't know why they're not enabled, but you should just go for one of the thursday ones. THeres 5 and 17 spots left for those 2 timeslots.

tkfkd

HSC
Yes. But for Programming Principles 1 and Digital and Analog Fundamentals, all the time available is "Not Enabled" , is your one like this as well? Nevertheless, I have to change the timetable I already setup. :(

Good to see another IT student!

L

LaraB

It says it's "not enabled" because it's sort of a back up time slot - crap that you don't know beforehand but that's just the way it is.

That's why you should check the pweb site a day or 2 before - i checked mine today and noted with units have "not enabled" and adjusted my ideal timetable accordingly so keep it in mind for future.

Basically, they don't open that time slot until all teh otehrs are filled.

simply__me

HSC
tkfkd said:
Yes. But for Programming Principles 1 and Digital and Analog Fundamentals, all the time available is "Not Enabled" , is your one like this as well? Nevertheless, I have to change the timetable I already setup. :(

Good to see another IT student!
Digital and Analog Fundamentals and Programming Principles doesn't open until the 16th...

Only Principles of Professional Communication 1 opens today because its at the school of Communication Arts..

tkfkd

HSC
Yeah, I know but there's difference between "Not Open" and "Not Enabled". Discrete Maths for example has "Not Open" slots which means that it will open on Friday but "Not Enabled"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)