Clashes in timetable (1 Viewer)

zaqwerty

HSC
I'm starting my second year of my BPsych (Hons) and noticed that two core units clash in the current draft timetable - one lecture overlaps with another.

Who would I have to contact in terms of this? Is this is a timetable error?

dolbinau

HSC
Which units? Is this for the second semester? (I looked at PSY247, PSY246, PSY234 for the first semester and it seemed fine)

EDIT: I guess it's 248 and 245

Last edited:
HSC
Which units? Is this for the second semester? (I looked at PSY247, PSY246, PSY234 for the first semester and it seemed fine)

EDIT: I guess it's 248 and 245
Yeah I'm seeing the same problem because those were my planned units maybe someone contact the covenors and see if they can change it?

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
wow they've been changing the timetables since i last looked. psy248 was previously mon at 1. mmm silly people.

dance2urownbeat

HSC
"Unfortunately, we have been advised that nothing that can be done regarding the lecture clashes for PSY245 and PSY248. Thus, students are advised to attend the lectures for one of these units and download the iLectures for the alternative unit."

WTF?! This was the response I got from the psych office. How ridiculous!

X

xeuyrawp

"Unfortunately, we have been advised that nothing that can be done regarding the lecture clashes for PSY245 and PSY248. Thus, students are advised to attend the lectures for one of these units and download the iLectures for the alternative unit."

WTF?! This was the response I got from the psych office. How ridiculous!
That is really ridiculous... These are core units and they clash? Absolute facepalm.

dolbinau

HSC
hahahahahhahahaha oh my god so ridiculous. Hopefully the lecturer doesn't take it personally when no one turns up.

X

xeuyrawp

hahahahahhahahaha oh my god so ridiculous. Hopefully the lecturer doesn't take it personally when no one turns up.
I would email the lecturer themselves and tell them what's happening. Perhaps do one week of one class, and the next of the other sort of thing?

Very, very poor organisation on their part.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
One could understand if there was a clash between units offered by two different departments from different faculties, but 2 core subjects...

And i think it may be too late for lecturers to change the timetable because - according to http://www.timetables.mq.edu.au/class/2010/forms/index.asp - Request a change to for 2010 is "[No Longer Active] Past Deadline " - if only someone (one would think from the PSY Department) picked this up earlier.

dance2urownbeat

HSC
What's even weirder is that the 1 hour stat lecture was originally at 1pm Monday, but now it's moved to 3pm on Monday and therefore it clashes. I don't know why they changed it!

I only know it used to be at 1pm because I was really bored one arvo sometime before Christmas and started playing around with timetables.

dance2urownbeat

HSC
One could understand if there was a clash between units offered by two different departments from different faculties, but 2 core subjects...

And i think it may be too late for lecturers to change the timetable because - according to Timetables 2010 @ Macquarie - Request a change to for 2010 is "[No Longer Active] Past Deadline " - if only someone (one would think from the PSY Department) picked this up earlier.
couldn't they try a 'Critical change/cancel class for 2010' or is that something else?

HSC
So is it definite that they can't change it? Because I enrolled already but guess i have to find alternatives.

Master E

HSC
Any students from Faculty of Business and Economics notice the three way clash between ACCG329, ECON350 and ACST300?

This is silly.

atreus

HSC
Any students from Faculty of Business and Economics notice the three way clash between ACCG329, ECON350 and ACST300?

This is silly.
I know there was a clash last year with ACCG329 and ACST300, but I think ECON350 had 2 lecture streams. The other thing is that ACCG329 has no ilecture, and ACST300 lectures have a participation element, so you can't really miss either lecture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)