Class of '05 driving to schoolies? Not if these reforms are passed. (1 Viewer)

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
As I'm sure most people are aware - there is a lot of pressure from the media and certain elements of the community to impose some severe restrictions on L and P platers.

In the report released recently (available on www.youngdrivers.com.au), 11 possible reforms were canvassed to restrict the activites of young people and supposedly reduce road casualties.

This report is in the consultative process which means everybody can have their say and influence the outcomes.

I urge you - if you are a young driver, or will soon be a young driver, who values their freedom, use the "Submit Comments" link at www.youngdrivers.com.au or see your local state MP and tell them how you feel about it.

Your driving future is in your own hands.

ameradrian

HSC
P plate restrictions

It looks like the only restrictions that will exist when we go in '05 will be passenger restrictions and a possible power restriciton. However the passenger limit is only for P platers who have lost their licence, just try and keep hold of ur licence hehe!

If you only have one car and its over the power restrictions then u can drive it too, so I think we're cool.......

a8o

HSC
They're just saying that in order to seem reasonable and get the reforms passed.

They could do anything they wanted, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)