Class of 05, how did ur first re assessment go? (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Trev said:
we only have 4 assessments in total, speech, ISP, report/essay, trial exam; i think the trial is 30% and the rest are ~20% in weighting.
we had our speech on aboriginals, our ISP, this bitach of an ass that ive got now..see sig :p on christianity from 1900-now and then our trial... we dont hav a 1/2 yearly-this is wat we get instead a fkd up assessment :(

edited by SH...try to avoid using the derogotory term 'abos' (even if it is shorthand..it just makes me cringe!)

Last edited by a moderator:

goan_crazy

HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
we had our speech on aboriginals, our ISP, this bitach of an ass that ive got now..see sig :p on christianity from 1900-now and then our trial... we dont hav a 1/2 yearly-this is wat we get instead a fkd up assessment :(

edited by SH...try to avoid using the derogotory term 'abos' (even if it is shorthand..it just makes me cringe!)
sorry snapperhead it was short hand not derogotory

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
joe_m_2000 said:
sorry snapperhead it was short hand not derogotory
gathered that but its not a good habit to develop with regards to the HSC exam....... call it "training", not me being retentive!
LOL

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Trev said:
I didn't know that moderators could edit other peoples individual posts?! I thought you could only delete them!
we can do all sorts of things on our individual forums!

goan_crazy

HSC
aboriginals yep got it
do u hav a prob wit ATSI? Thats wat we refer to aboriginal and torres strait islander people in legal LOL
but no really, i wouldnt write "abo" in an exam for religion of course id put the full word
i really didnt mean to offend or discriminate :p :uhhuh:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
joe_m_2000 said:
aboriginals yep got it
do u hav a prob wit ATSI? Thats wat we refer to aboriginal and torres strait islander people in legal LOL
but no really, i wouldnt write "abo" in an exam for religion of course id put the full word
i really didnt mean to offend or discriminate :p :uhhuh:
yeah...I know. Its just a bad habit that my students have and Im trying to break them of it. I just see 'abo' and I cringe...even in their summaries. I have read past papers with it in it and its use just blows one or two of the outcomes (about sympathy and empathy) right out the window.
Technically its Aboriginal Peoples but yeah,......
ATSI may be an issue if you want to be technical as it doesnt apply to everything we study in SOr (if that makes sense)

Now Im rambling

goan_crazy

HSC
snapperhead said:
yeah...I know. Its just a bad habit that my students have and Im trying to break them of it. I just see 'abo' and I cringe...even in their summaries. I have read past papers with it in it and its use just blows one or two of the outcomes (about sympathy and empathy) right out the window.
Technically its Aboriginal Peoples but yeah,......
ATSI may be an issue if you want to be technical as it doesnt apply to everything we study in SOr (if that makes sense)

Now Im rambling
haha ramblings fine
yea coz we don really study the torres strait islander ppl in Aboriginal spirituality really ay?
this assessment im doin atm is the last assessment 4 SOR1 at my skool besides the ISP
its good and bad
im kinda scared coz i wont well no1 in sor1 at my skool will know wat a SOR exam will b like and get a shock at the trials
would u b able 2 scan ur 1/2 yearly [when u do it] plz so i get some idea of what to expect
i dont wanna hav good assessments and then ultimately fail the SOR exam
that would be crap
now IM rambling

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
joe_m_2000 said:
haha ramblings fine
yea coz we don really study the torres strait islander ppl in Aboriginal spirituality really ay?
this assessment im doin atm is the last assessment 4 SOR1 at my skool besides the ISP
its good and bad
im kinda scared coz i wont well no1 in sor1 at my skool will know wat a SOR exam will b like and get a shock at the trials
would u b able 2 scan ur 1/2 yearly [when u do it] plz so i get some idea of what to expect
i dont wanna hav good assessments and then ultimately fail the SOR exam
that would be crap
now IM rambling
best to look at past papers (on the BOS site) as my 1/2 yearly this year is a combo of pre-prepared questionsm (2- Aboriginal and Ethics) and short answer/multichoice from past papers......
Most 1/2 yearlys struggle to meet the exam structure as you have not covered enough work...hence the two pre-prepared questions for my exam

Trev

stix
HSC
Aww, I thought we were going to get our ISP marks back today, unfortunately not.
They are still "interviewing" the people who got zero, haha, I have yet to be called up! Yay. Tomorrow is the day I bet!
Wish me luck :D

goan_crazy

HSC
wOOt i got 7/7=excellent for my ISP first diary check

goan_crazy

HSC
Trev said:
When do you get the rest of your marks back?
I think we get ours back on monday now *glares*
end of term 2...
im not worrying bout ISP for the moment
got that christianity in aus one due next week
as well as maths, english and IPT :mad:

Trev

stix
HSC
Well, we got our ISP's back today, and one huge shock - i got 18/25. WTF!
16 people for zero, I thought one of them would be me, nope! How the f*ck can these teachers be so stupid? Approx. 1000 out of my 1200 word report was COPIED AND PASTED! Off the net, the parts I didn't copy was the part we COULDN'T.
Thank god for the stupid teachers at my school lol.
:D:D:D:D:D

Whimsical_Child

HSC
I did kids and religion, I had ankle bitters telling me what they thought God was.. it was fun :)

haven't got my marks back yet though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)