Class of 05: Major Projects (1 Viewer)

boite nature

HSC
What is everyone making for their major project this year? I'm just interested in what everyone is using for their inspiration and what focus area etc.
I'm making a 1920s evening outfit inspired by Coco Chanel

Emma_Jane

HSC
Major Project 2005

Hi there

I am making a skirt and a bodice with a combination of machine embroidery, ribbon embroidery and beading techniques. It has been inspired by Monique Lhuillier a French Designer and Indian culture.

roxie_b

HSC
my mtp is kinda hard to explain but here goes...

its textile arts in an exploration of colour and texture - a top and multi-layered skirt of netting, machine-embroidered cotton with patches of other fabrics sewn on, organza, and ripped polyester with a hand-knitted poncho-style thinggy on the top. oh and a headpiece.
mainly inspired by vivien westwood, robert cary-williams and akira isogawa, with indian and american indian influences too.
very eclectic.

unstable

the killer
HSC
woodstock

heya im amaking a quilt based on the woodstock theme. m the only one in my class making a quilt so im a loner. its gonna b so cool. it has a silk painted guitar right in the middle of it. my friend is making a mosquito net with is really funky. :cool: . on itim gonna put most of the performers at the 1969 woodstock and sum lyrics in a spiral with is trippy. :p love the PLUR out look on life with the quilt.

P= peace
L= love
U= unity
R= respect

rock on ev1

Mishelli

HSC
I'm making a dress, around the theme of popular culture, its pretty 'out there' bright colours, beading, basically its wearable art. Its kind of got a bodice and the skirt it pannels with net ruffle underneath. Hard to explain.

Napstar

Banned
HSC
unstable said:
heya im amaking a quilt based on the woodstock theme. m the only one in my class making a quilt so im a loner. its gonna b so cool. it has a silk painted guitar right in the middle of it. my friend is making a mosquito net with is really funky. :cool: . on itim gonna put most of the performers at the 1969 woodstock and sum lyrics in a spiral with is trippy. :p love the PLUR out look on life with the quilt.

P= peace
L= love
U= unity
R= respect

rock on ev1
that sounds relly good! for mine im tryin 2 make a long coat wit drapes thats relly full of colour and can be worn in summer. its gonna be relly hard but my older sis is a design person and is goin 2 help me with sum of the ideas and she thinks that i can do it.

iv got plenty of time 2 work on it 2 coos im still in yr11.

mary^^

HSC
N/A
Everyone's MTp sounds GreAT~
well..i'm making a dress for a spring festival...My dress is complicated to explain but it's been mainly inspired by the 1920's flapper era, and the awesome italian designer Antonio berardi~

chatherine

HSC
Everyone seems to be choosing acual designers for their inspiration, where as everyone in my textiles class has drawn apon eras or things. i really wanted to use the colour pink and feathers, so i decided that flamingos would be my dominate inspiration. i have a boned corset with panels of baby pink and bright pink. with the centre front and centre back panels completely sequined which has almost killed me but im almost finished and the feeling is sooo sweet. The bottom has one big tightly gathered frill as a skirt all the way round, with 2 other frills off the back as a train to the floor with hand painted flamingos randomly down the train, with feathers coming from underneath the layers and everywhere

Pokute-san

≧∀≦
HSC
Me? I didn't want to make a garment for ladies only. I hate those flashy hot pinks, straps for a dress, revealing costumes. I want something more simple and easier to sew. So, I chose to do a costume for men - a Samurai Costume. The theme of this costume is Spring and Autumn. Yellow, red, orange, and white are the only colours used for the costume. It's function is for the hanami Festival that is celebrated in Japan. Ah...Japanese-styled clothing are nice. I've been love with it since Yr9 Textiles!!

Kulazzi

HSC
so how IS everyone going so far? I've nearly finished my prac, just gotta get through the theory. One girl in my class "supposedly" left her MTP on the train and it whisked into nowhere. I suggested to buy the same material and do as much as she can on the holidays, apparently the material is one that "cannot be re-ordered" or ran out or whatever.

I hate people like them. It just makes me so shitty. She hasn't done a SINGLE thing and just made that excuse up to cover it. She's getting an N award - serves her right

ANYWAYS, back on topic....:)

Pokute-san

≧∀≦
HSC
Gawd the beading is taking me a freakin long time. And they're PINK! Pink makes my eyes bleed. Yes, after the beading, my prac will be done! At last!

lilmissqt

HSC
Hi how is everyone going with there MTP??? i hope everyone is finished its due on monday... mine is and i just have to add the final touches to my Portfolio there felt like there was so much to do in the portfolio but now u look at it there isnt much in there....

Pokute-san

≧∀≦
HSC
Yes I finished mine just 1hr ago. Yes, i'm darn slow. Had to chop off many uneven parts using the overlocker.

Are you sure it's due on Monday? Like everything? I have to give mine in on tomorrow-today on Friday. God I'm scared!

mary^^

HSC
N/A
yup~ monday- it is!
i haven't finished my folio so i got a lot to do this weekend!~>.<
just gotta do some more stuff on the computer and print them off-
and can't wait to put them together...
but how'd your mtp turn out? even better than what you thought at the start of this yr?

roxie_b

HSC
im finishing everything off for my mtp as i speak...allz needed is 2 buttonholes on my prac and finish putting everything into my folio - THANK GOD THE END IS NIGH! my school is having a little expo of the yr12 work to show off our masterpieces - im sure ill be suffering withdrawal symptoms considering this project has TAKEN OVER MY LIFE

lilmissqt

HSC
its finished

hey well mine was signed in on friday i cant believe it...its over..finished gooone... lol

it did start to take over your life ay.... well now its just waiting for the marks...

it turned out better than what i thought it would.

hope everything goes well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)