• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Class of '06 - NAS Extension Course (1 Viewer)

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
I got mine a few days ago! I think it's awesome because it's the only exhibition that I am guarenteed to be in:D

HSC
N/A
Hey kiddies....... hows your NAS stuff coming along? I haven't really done much.... I'm kind of very much stuck between several ideas that are all rather different (well, to me.... maybe not to an outsider that would lump it all into 'mixed media, abstract, graffiti influenced')

I'm having trouble planning. I don't really work like that. I just have a general idea, and then start.... then the ideas start coming.

I'm going to work on my VAPD from now until the start of Module 2 (the 16th, don't forget!) and just see what happens. I'll also try and clean out my studio so I have a bit more motivation to get started.

I don't know whether I should do a smaller version of what I want to do for my school BOW, or bring to life another idea that's been fluttering around in my mind for a while. Hmm.

For a general idea of the type of thing I might be doing, you can check out the attatched works. Two are from ArtExpress 2004, and two are works by Anthony Lister.

It's either the street art influenced grungy punk.... or my latest obsession - white! White photos, white textural paintings, white collages, white found objects, etc.

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
etc. etc. etc. said:
Now now, play nice, or you'll upset Ivor.

Hehe, he's a nice enough guy I guess.:)

I have done nothing in my VAPD and will probably cram lots of waffle into it over the next weekend or so. The homework Ivor assigned us of making 6 self portraits is coming along well. I had 5 but left 2 at school so I'll only be bringing 3 back. Better than nothing I guess.

In regards to what I'm going to develope when I'm there, I guess I'll go along with what I was thinking of the last time I was there - a comic-like mixed media body of work.

syper

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
HSC
can't wait to go back on monday, my holidays just started to get a bit boring as i've run out of things to do... i havnt done anything in my diary yet! i don't know why they have to be marked when in the 2u course they aren't marked at all :S i'm going to stick with an idea i have for my hsc bow to try experiment with that and see if it works. better start putting some stuff in my diary :)

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
Ahh! It starts tomorrow! I don't want to wake up so early to get there. *cries*

HSC
N/A
Haha Tracey - what time do you have to wake up to get there?

I live out near Penrith, so it takes a good 1.5 hours in the car (damn city bound morning traffic!) and alone on a train I would fall asleep and end up over the bridge and on the North Shore. (I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)

I'm actually really worried. I've turned into a bit of an insomniac and am not falling asleep until 6AM each morning, and sleeping till the afternoon. I started some sleeping pills yesterday but they only worked for half the night, and now my head is all mushy and sore.

Erghaoijagoihada.

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
I have to be up at 6:30, which usually isn't so bad but I've been waking up after 12pm these holidays so it's going to take some getting used to(!) It's also a bit of a drag because I have to compete with the morning workers for seats on the trains and they're usually nicer to old people than they are to struggle students who are carrying large artworks with them:( We deserve some sympathy too!

I have to carry my foam board artworks in tomorrow because we just have to. Le sigh.

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
Fairfield High School - it's in Sydney's west (or was it south west...I don't remember)

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
Excuse the double posting, but how's everyone finding Module 2 so far? I'm having a great time. *nods*

You can find me in Building 25 (the square room, not the round room). My easel is set up right by the door and there's a bit of tape on the wall that says "Tracey's Space"...you'll also find strips of tissue paper on cardboard on the floor...that'll be my area:D

We're a friendly lot (unlike the people next door who don't smile half as much as we do!) so do drop in sometime:D

HSC
N/A
Hey - I'm next door!

I had a bad feeling that I simply wouldn't be well enough to do this course this time around, and it seems to be coming true. I went on Monday, but it wore me out so much I spent all day (today, Tuesday) in bed.

I'll be going in later on in the day tomorrow, but I have a terrible feeling that might just be to pick up all my things, and inform my tutor I won't be coming back.

I've been crying for hours, I wanted to do this thing for years. But I'm just not well enough :( Argh, first having to drop most of my school subjects, now this!

Tracey, I went into your room during lunch on Monday and had a look around. You class is doing some awesome work.... Lots of mixed media and collage mess, I like it very much so. There's one girl in your class whos work I loveeeeeed, she had very short hair and funky glasses, and did kinda cartoon based work.

If you came into our room on Monday, you might have noticed me. Tired, sickly looking girl (making very little progress) in the corner to the left from the main door. Mostly sitting down, and with lots of very small abstract white/pale blue paintings.

Last edited:

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
Aww, that's such a shame:( I do hope you feel better soon and can return! I think I did see you on Monday, but I wasn't sure if it was you.

The girl with the short hair (phonetically, her name is 'Ava' or 'Eva') has been really prolific and has produced some really awesome stuff these past few days. I'm so envious - she's hung up half her stuff in the middle of the room by strings and it's like an entire exhibition of just her work.

If you aren't able to turn up to the remaining sessions, will you be coming to the exhibition on Saturday night?

HSC
N/A
Hey again.... well I went in this afternoon and picked up my stuff. I made sure it was after 5 because I was too upset to face anyone. And my tutor wrote me a lovely short little farewell note and that kinda made me even more upset. :(

I left some small paintings there today, as gifts for some people I became very good friends with during Module 1. Sigh.

Maybe I'll be able to try again to do the course next year, because I'm doing Pathways because of my illness anyway.... and so will still be a HSC student. That depends on whether I've made any improvement by then though! Hmm.

I will still be coming to the exhibition. Wouldn't miss it for the world! You kids are all so talented.... it was so great getting to know everybody.

Oh hey could you do me a favour....? Would you be able to take some (or a) photo of that girls work? She was doing some stuff I felt like giving a spin....

Just saw your work on DeviantART too - good good. Especially like the larger painting, really great portrayal of a violinist. I think I drove past you today too - walking up Oxford St towards the station. It must have been you.... I've had a look again at that photo of you with a painting of yours on dA and I'm sure it was you.

Anyway - hope the week is going very well for you! Only 3 days of slave labor (;)) left now!

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
It was probably me - I like taking the walk down Oxford St. There are so many nice shops that you'd miss if you took a bus.

Hopefully you can do the course again next year, because it would be awesome to go through the whole thing from beginning to end:) I took some photos today and I'm not sure if this is what you want, but it's a start: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/hermzie/DSC02903.jpg

I'll try taking more tomorrow, but on the exhibition night, I'm sure she'll have all her stuff set up (it's like she's created a room of her own within the studio) and it looks 10 times better:) You'd probably be able to get some good shots on Saturday.

rammy

HSC
i did painting... our exhibition was in january this year..it was amazing..i had LUCy.. met cool ppl..and it was heaps close to my school as well..so i could like walk there..

really worthwhile BUT MODULE 2.. YOU WORK UR BUTTS OFF!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)