Class of '07:Your reactions to 2006 HSC Results. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Hey.
So, what did you think of us?

I'm sure nearly all of you read the newspaper or have heard the news about your school or mates or looked at the Board of Studies website, so it must've been the talk of the day.

How did your school perform? Has it motvated you or gotten you somewhere?

It'll be a year before it's your turn.

Sparcod.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Haven't read the paper today yet, but heard yesterday that a girl from my school topped 3u maths :D

- automatically ignores last sentence of Sparcod's post and back to lazy mode -

:p

G

gaoOO

I've heard quite a bit about the English Advanced marks this year that worries me a little. Other than that, i feel all right about it.
Being an accelerant, i'm kind of a part of the 2006 group, so i guess i feel okay about doing the rest of my subjects next year and hopefully doing as well. i think it's definitely given me a boost in confidence.

I'm a little disappointed with how our school went though and a little confused because the SMH ranks and Daily Telegraphs varied so much. The no. of all halved this year from the previous for our school...

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
But think on the upside instead of the downside. Your school made the lists heaps of school missed out on any ranking, including mine as usually and I still got the marks I needed. By bad for Advanced English I am assuming not so many people got band 6s as expected, I wouldn't let that worry you as cohorts differ so much - in short don’t let your schools performance scare\worry you if anything it should be an indication of the expectations and level it takes to achieve.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
how do i feel? my mum just came up to me a few minutes ago and said - "tanzin, i'll be happy if you get more then 90." As you can tell i'm not at all under pressure....actaully im not but im getting scared....so many people are getting over 90 and all. I've done very well so far with my assessments, and dropping from adv math to general has been one of the best decisions i've ever made....but yeh im still worried...i want to get into a cadetship and that requires a uai of 85+, hopefully i can get that....

i checked with sam and juai and if i get-

adv eng : 75%
ext eng 1: 75%
ext eng 2: 75%
Gen Math: 90%
mod hist: 90%
ext hist: 80%
accounting: 95% my uai predicted my sam :91.5
juai :90.9

and im more then happy with that...i just hope that, that's what i get! the 95% for accounting is right...because that's what i got this year for both my internal and hsc exam just have to complete the other 30% next year.... its weird this time next year all this crap will finally be over...no more shit teachers, no more school however i will miss recess and lunch.

G

gaoOO

pritnep said:
But think on the upside instead of the downside. Your school made the lists heaps of school missed out on any ranking, including mine as usually and I still got the marks I needed. By bad for Advanced English I am assuming not so many people got band 6s as expected, I wouldn't let that worry you as cohorts differ so much - in short don’t let your schools performance scare\worry you if anything it should be an indication of the expectations and level it takes to achieve.
apparently our year is meant to be a good cohort :p
Overall i'm not too worried though. I would be interested to know how the subjects scaled this year though.

According to the scaling for 2005, my mark of 98 would scale down to 92.4, but by 2004 scaling it would only scale down to 95.2. Obviously i'm praying that this year's scaling is more like 2004 :p

Chew me:)

HSC
mann english adv. is my hardest subject.. im not that great in it BUT I LOVE IT!!

im just looking at all the UAI'S.. 90 THIS, 90 that... and not 91's, therelike 96+...SCARY!!! itll be mad to get over 95.. but sooo hard, my cuzn got 98.7.. IM SO PROUD OF HIM.. and my friend got 99.25..

heres the thing, i do 14 units.. 13 UAI ones.. andd i really enjoy em all.. but my friend , [the one who got 99.25] just did 10? like soo much less pressure.. less to do.. all that.. and i know itll be mad if i drop some sucjects.. BUT I ENJOY THEM ALL!!

im doing:
Business studies--we havent handed in an assignment for this yet
Ancient- i got 11/15.. i wanted AT LEAST 12, but what can i do now
Modern- i got 26/30.. its okayy--souce analysis so its easy
Ext Hist. - i got 8/10 for my proposal
Armenian- got 90.. i can do better.. i hardly even prepared for it.. lolz
English Adv.-14/20.. it was a listening task.. so i think i can only get better.. i love it though
General Maths - 39.5/44 for a open-book test.. i do pretty well in this subject.. wouldnt drop it, as im planning to do psych.

soooo what does everyone think?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Make your own thread and see. Probably best to ask a mod to move your post to it's own thread.

shane23q06

HSC
Damn, yeah congrats to everyone with the UAI's they wished!!
I'm aiming for a 90 UAI...anything over will be a bonus...one question id like to pose...do ranks matter alot?
There was a guy this year at my school that topped the assessment marks - english + ext 1 and 2....history +extension..and legal studies. I still hvnt heard what he got.

HSC
a girl from my school topped the state in English Ext and i know a few people got in the higher 90's though our school rank went from 23 to 30!! :eek:

imprsiv

HSC
Motivated me to do better. Based on my year 11 results, and added a few marks(extra effort) i am hoping for a uai 85+ but will be happy with over 80

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
I have no idea why but I feel EXCITED for you 06'ers. I bought the Daily Telegraph today and read anything about the HSC results and it was fun trying to find my friends' names in the merit list (They're accelerants).

And it has also motivated me to study hard as I figured out how hard it is to get the UAI.

IceOnFire

HSC
I went "How the hell did you get that?" when I saw the 06ers' HSC results and UAIs.

Congrats to the 06ers for getting those excellent, EXCELLENT results!!! :)

Aaaahhh.. now the pressure is on for the 07ers to perform just as well.

~shinigami~ said:
I have no idea why but I feel EXCITED for you 06'ers. I bought the Daily Telegraph today and read anything about the HSC results and it was fun trying to find my friends' names in the merit list (They're accelerants).
Haha me too when I saw the honour roll list in smh yesterday.

kloudsurfer

HSC
The dux of my school got band 6s in everything, which is impressive considering the school i go to.

Basically i am in the same position as her, so it has given me a lot of confidence. I did had my doubts that i could get the mark that i want considering my schools record. But yeah, now I know that it can be done.

But now there will be even more pressure on me to do well. :(

N

noir.

I've seen some excellent results from the class of 06. Well done to everyone!
But... there's no doubt that the class of 07 will do better :p

P

pLuvia

Gangles.McGee said:
I've seen some excellent results from the class of 06. Well done to everyone!
But... there's no doubt that the class of 07 will do better :p
Wouldn't count on my school's current year 12s to do better than us :p

webby234

HSC
N/A
pLuvia said:
Wouldn't count on my school's current year 12s to do better than us :p
Haha - same with our school. You have some work to do shinigami :p. Oh btw - you got your jerseys already? We took at least until term 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)