Class of 2006. Gather Ye. (1 Viewer)

bscared

HSC
I wish I was doing Visual Arts and I did choose it but they cancelled the subject in my school because I was the only one who chose it. (We only have 9 kids in year 12 so it's understandable but Im angry all the same)

joe1016

HSC
yeah i couldnt survive without art.................i do physics, extension english, four unit maths and art.

so as you can see the only chance i get to relax is art...............

punk_tartan

HSC
ahh art is cruising atm for me, but i do have a question, is it within the limits to have one massive 6 meter square drawing ? my art teacher wants me to have this massive beehemoth paper darwing with millions of little drawings ...

chocoholicnella

HSC
punk_tartan said:
ahh art is cruising atm for me, but i do have a question, is it within the limits to have one massive 6 meter square drawing ? my art teacher wants me to have this massive beehemoth paper darwing with millions of little drawings ...
isnt the dimensions meant to be 3meter square or possibly 2 meter square howvver that is only off the top of my head

sorry a bit late but i went to the museum and saw that ewirn show round christmas time and thought it was great and loved the photography and creativity of both artists.

punk tartan what exactly is ur bow based on- the theme for it and shouldnt u have already started

can some one please tell me why this site keeps logging me out all the time its fustrating

omg guys we have made it half wayand now another half to go im actually very exicted as its coming close to an end and cant wont to be stress free of the HSC oh when will it just end

my art teacher is giving us two days in the holidays to work on our Bow which is great

i started art in year 11 which i would have to say is a bit of a disadvantage considering only now am i starting to develop my strenghts in artmaking which i think would be scultping

Re: Class of 2006. Gather Ye.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish I was doing Visual Arts and I did choose it but they cancelled the subject in my school because I was the only one who chose it. (We only have 9 kids in year 12 so it's understandable but Im angry all the same)

what school do u go to and wasnt there any other way to do art for year 12 like through correspondence tafe or some other way ..?

well enough from me cya later have a great day

HSC
N/A
punk_tartan said:
but i do have a question, is it within the limits to have one massive 6 meter square drawing ? my art teacher wants me to have this massive beehemoth paper darwing with millions of little drawings ...
From the syllabus (regarding the 'Drawing' category)-

Individual drawings as flat works must not exceed 2 square metres in area.

Individual drawings over 2 square metres must be rolled.

The complete submission must not exceed 6 square metres when displayed for marking.

HinikuTheNinja

one helluva naughty ninja
HSC
chocoholicnella said:
i started art in year 11 which i would have to say is a bit of a disadvantage considering only now am i starting to develop my strenghts in artmaking which i think would be scultping
I only started in year 11 too, so I'm just sticking with where my strengths and interests lie.

corsair

HSC
luscious-llama said:
How'd you only get onto the forums now? That's really weird!

don't know... it didnt like me i guess.... i have an inbox of reset password and invalid login, BANNED!!!! emails :(

found out today i may aswell change my concept.... damnit! so c complete new concept in a complete new medium.... yeah... im doing photography now aswell... most likley something skate based cause its waht im used to working with and i know plenty of people that i can work with.... *sigh* and i was so near finishing....

dfAreNt

HSC
Wow, it seems like many people are doing photography this year.

fauxtograph3r

HSC
We don't have a dark room or nothing at our school.
However i am doing photography (sort of) for my major work.
I am taking the photos i have and editing them into something AMAZING!
or so i think...
You can check some of my pics at http://fauxtograph3r.deviantart.com

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
fauxtograph3r said:
And heres a question...

"Am I the only one who started art in year 12?"
how can you do that? isnt it compulsary to do 2 years (yr 11 and 12) for each subject???

punk_tartan

HSC
chocoholicnella said:
punk tartan what exactly is ur bow based on- the theme for it and shouldnt u have already started

i have started.. bloody teacher wants me to change what im doing half way thru.. i told her to f get screwed in nicer language

fauxtograph3r

HSC
cbadvanced said:
how can you do that? isnt it compulsary to do 2 years (yr 11 and 12) for each subject???
If it is i haven't been told about it. I never did a year 11 Art Major...

gatesey

HSC
electric_six said:
My art teacher is the worst. Not only is he creepy and strange he can not teach. my yr 11 art classes were the biggest bludge. I dont know if all art classes are like that but seriously we never did any work. The only work he ever made us hand in were our theory assignments. We never did any practical work. We had the most ever drop out of our art class, after yr 11. The class went from about 26 to about 12. I am blaming him if fail my HSC art course.
I didn't even know an extension art class existed.
ha! i'm in a class of 7!
the school is very unsupportive of the subject and it's hard to feel challenged/supported/inspired by only 6 other people. Our school is mainly academic (as you may have gathered) so at least our theory is ok
with the prac tho, at least we each get heaps of bench space...

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
gatesey said:
ha! i'm in a class of 7!
the school is very unsupportive of the subject and it's hard to feel challenged/supported/inspired by only 6 other people. Our school is mainly academic (as you may have gathered) so at least our theory is ok
with the prac tho, at least we each get heaps of bench space...
Oohhhh it makes me sad to hear of all thse really academic schools that have limited support for their more practical subjects that students would probably excell in such as Visual Arts given the right suport.

My school has 74 VA'ers in Year 12.
Gosford High employed a science teacher to teach the students photography there. Sure they understood how to develop and fix a photo but the creative side is non existent "Do a photography project on animals" for one thing, given to my Year 10 friend by her teacher. Hahaha. She was so bummed for ideas that I just lent her my photography instead...she got full marks :)

I'm glad you get heaps of bench space, sometimes my class of 20 is crowded into a room with 6 tables. Idiots.

punk_tartan

HSC
bench space in art is crummp at my school, we have 10 ppl in a room that is xtrely small sa our "studio space". with my teacher wanting evryone to go "big" its a bit had with no room to git my 3x 1.5 m piece of paper

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
punk_tartan said:
bench space in art is crummp at my school, we have 10 ppl in a room that is xtrely small sa our "studio space". with my teacher wanting evryone to go "big" its a bit had with no room to git my 3x 1.5 m piece of paper
:(
Do you guys have giant easels? We have a couple and we place hearder boards behind them and use them. They're good if you have them. I hope your school pulls up a bit in getting you things. :( It's private isn't it...from another post of yours...

bellerowling

HSC
hey my names belle i'm doing VA...

i'm still shakey about my idea (prolly isn't too good considering the date...)

its semi abstract, showing feelings i've had over the last 3 years, from good to bad to unsure...

its pretty bad but oh well...

biggie walls

HSC
Hey Belle, I think being unsure is interesting and uncertainty would be a good thing to explore in your art! so I reckons ya should focus on that morrre than the good n evil, but yeah whateva floats ya boat! Welcome!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)