Class of 2006. Gather Ye. (2 Viewers)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
bellerowling said:
hey my names belle i'm doing VA...

i'm still shakey about my idea (prolly isn't too good considering the date...)

its semi abstract, showing feelings i've had over the last 3 years, from good to bad to unsure...

its pretty bad but oh well...
Ahhhh...I don't think it's a bad idea, its really how you execute it and things like that.

What mediums are you using?

LaurJ_12

HSC
Hey, i noticed you guys talking about class sizes and how it is hard to challenge yourselves.. im the only one in my art class so i find it really hard to motivate myself and hard to compare myself to where other people are up. Im doing a series of paintings on rural isolation and its affects on youths and the land, i need to work a bit faster to get these finished but i guess im getting there.

joe1016

HSC
lol, u should have no problem with identifying and conveying isolation in your work then!

but seriously, that would be hard..................im constantly getting my friends opinions. i couldnt do it on my own..

im doing my concept around the land and that kind of thing...........kind of how the landscape, to me, represents..... me and..... my identity... and its Australianness...but its not really "about" me, its not a self portrait. its landscape, abstract........sort of.....but its more about my influences. images of australian landscapes..............cliffs at the beach and that kind of thing.

whoah i can talk some rambling crap. sorry guys i got carried away.

well, cos ur on ur own....i hope u have a good and supportive teacher at least.

bellerowling

HSC
im painting on stretched canvas, acrylic paint and useing mediums such as impasto so that people will want to reach out and touch them, and to try and connect it with the pain i went throught.

also im putting a poem my boyfriend wrote me across the top of each painting so that it links them all. and im thinking about putting some lyrics i wrote in the paintings aswell.

im really shakey about it, like its hard cause its semiabstract i can't exactly draw plans up before i paint. at the moment tho its looking ok, lots of bright red strokes through it and my teacher is finally being able to see my idea...

bellerowling

HSC
biggie walls said:
Hey Belle, I think being unsure is interesting and uncertainty would be a good thing to explore in your art! so I reckons ya should focus on that morrre than the good n evil, but yeah whateva floats ya boat! Welcome!
its actually turning out that im focusing alot more on the bad that happened then anything else, which is good in a way i mean i can get all my feelings out alot more then i could if it was on the good in parts...
thanks

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
hey people, just wondering if anyone knows what they're ranked in the grade or even in the state????

just wanna know what I'm versing :p

bellerowling

HSC
cbadvanced said:
hey people, just wondering if anyone knows what they're ranked in the grade or even in the state????

just wanna know what I'm versing :p
we know our ranks at our school, but its just outta our 2 classes...
mines 4/35:)

joe1016

HSC
!!!!!!! im coming first out of our two classes... about 40 kids or so i think. but only by 0.6 of a mark.

how would you know where you are coming in the state????????????

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
joe1016 said:
!!!!!!! im coming first out of our two classes... about 40 kids or so i think. but only by 0.6 of a mark.

how would you know where you are coming in the state????????????
Heeeeeeeeey I know your school :)
Our year 11's versed you in debating and lost!
Uhhh..anyway, back on topic.
You won't know how you're coming in the state till marks after the HSC.
As for class rankings, heck we have 70 students and i'm 8th.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
joe1016 said:
i know a few ppl from your school too.

no one cares a bout debating anyway.

BTW ur birthday is september 11, r u a terrorist?
Yes Debating is shit (i'm on one of the teams, we've lost 2 debates woot..though i've only done one)..
Am I a terrorist?
Oui

*Waits for sedition laws to come knocking on her door*

joe1016

HSC
lol dont worry, i did mock trial in yr 10...........we got thrashed by merewether.

i saw one of your schools artworks in artexpress at the AGNSW, it was pretty good...

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
joe1016 said:
lol dont worry, i did mock trial in yr 10...........we got thrashed by merewether.

i saw one of your schools artworks in artexpress at the AGNSW, it was pretty good...
Post Modern Girl by Rochelle Coxon
Her dads the head teacher of art at some schoool :p
not denying she has talent, she's really really intelligent and creative, but yeah..there were two other works that should have made it to the AGNSW, but they'r ein the regional tour, you should checkout the Art Gallery at Civic, they have Art Express there, i'd say its better than the AGNSW because of the variety of works - still it has some from that particular exhibition.

Mock Trial? HAHAHAHA, we don't even DO that :eek:

joe1016

HSC
legal studies.......................dont wanto talk about it.

i really wanto go into civic and have a look.

there is a girl from our school in the travelling exhibition hers was pretty good. our school got a few band 6s for the practical, but she was the only one selected for artexpress.......

our art teacher has high expectations this year!

on another point my art teacher's daughter got into artexpress a few years ago too...........i wonder if there is any connection???????????, her daughter went to a different school tho.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
joe1016 said:
legal studies.......................dont wanto talk about it.

i really wanto go into civic and have a look.

there is a girl from our school in the travelling exhibition hers was pretty good. our school got a few band 6s for the practical, but she was the only one selected for artexpress.......

our art teacher has high expectations this year!

on another point my art teacher's daughter got into artexpress a few years ago too...........i wonder if there is any connection???????????, her daughter went to a different school tho.
Hmmm their art teaching parents would have abetter idea of what kind of standards you have to fulfil to get into art express. Also that they'd be able to understand the marking criteria in depth.

You should go into Civic :) you'l love it, I went to the opening night...FREE FOOD :D! There are 2 travelling exhibitions apparently...hopefully hers is at the gallery.

My art teachers are rabid. With 70 art students, the pressures on. :(

RainbowBrite

HSC
Hey there!
I havent yet posted in this forum, and being an art student, I thought it would be about time.

Well I'm up in Singapore (Australian International School). Can't stand Maths, Sciences or any of that "everything is correct" stuff. I'm much more a social science girl. However, my BOW kinda contrasts this...

See, I'll studying "skin tone". It always pisses me off that you open up the paint box, and there is ONE skin tone. I'm like "wtf- SO MUCH MORE!!!" So yeah, my work is really that arguement. Its really hard to stear clear of racism issues and stuff, which also gets my blood boiling. I'm keeping it purely (or at least trying my hardest to) scientifical analysation of skin tone.

Usually I work in mixed media (kind of Joseph Cornell's style), but atm I'm actually doing fashion/clothing stuff- which is a completely new feild to me. I've had my go at painting and drawing, which I guess I'm okay with but suck at toning. I cant do digital gizmo stuff, but love ceramics, but more sculpting stuff rather than having a go at the wheel.

So yeah, thats my run down. :)

Have a nice day.

Love, Amy

joe1016

HSC
luscious-llama said:
Hmmm their art teaching parents would have abetter idea of what kind of standards you have to fulfil to get into art express. Also that they'd be able to understand the marking criteria in depth.

You should go into Civic :) you'l love it, I went to the opening night...FREE FOOD :D! There are 2 travelling exhibitions apparently...hopefully hers is at the gallery.

My art teachers are rabid. With 70 art students, the pressures on. :(

yeah........we have two classess and there are two different teachers. both classess are going about their works in different ways, it will be interesting to see how each class compares too.

our school usually does ok in art, my art teacher is pretty cool with it alll and she's been teaching forever. i would love to ssee my work in AGNSW or in at civic, it would be so cool but i dunno if it will happen....................we shall see

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
joe1016 said:
yeah........we have two classess and there are two different teachers. both classess are going about their works in different ways, it will be interesting to see how each class compares too.

our school usually does ok in art, my art teacher is pretty cool with it alll and she's been teaching forever. i would love to ssee my work in AGNSW or in at civic, it would be so cool but i dunno if it will happen....................we shall see
Ahhh, cooooool.
Your school is decent, really decent, probably just as good as our school+ merewether in results and people there.
I hope you get in :)

M@tt

HSC
heya this is my first time on this part... i do art but havent even decided what to do yet=(... im running behind big time but its a bit hard when your art teacher wont help u. so i was woundering if there is any ideas out there?? please

joe1016

HSC
luscious-llama said:
Ahhh, cooooool.
Your school is decent, really decent, probably just as good as our school+ merewether in results and people there.
I hope you get in :)

yeah but im thinking that your school is sunna have a little buit of an advantage..............performing farts that you are lol

to m@tt...................um.........are you freakiing out? i would be...but thats me.

umm, well if you have no clue start with the art you like and the art you like to make.

who are the artists that keep you interested? what types of themes do you like in art? sort out if you want to tackle an issue, point something out about the world, yourself, a process that goes on in every day life.

art body's of work are so broad and varied. you could do an exploration into a theme or issuse or even just an explanation of a style of art. discovery and understannding, even if you're the only one who "gets it".

so what are your influences or interest?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)