Class of 2007: Roll Call (1 Viewer)

Which option are you doing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kabbasi

HSC
Present!

Hey everyone. My teachers making us do Quanta to Quarks because everyone does it and he says its the easiest. I would've rathered Med. personally, but hey, c'est la vie...

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
Im in!

Hopefully will do better this year. 55% in first prelim assessment ruined my chance of getting into one digit ranks in my school, even with 2nd in half yearly and 1st in yearly

Anyway im doing Medical Physics

EDIT: much chem involved? i dont do it :(

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Well, if the classes run on the same line, then yes, it is possible for us to choose the option topic :)
*shock*

You actually have the CHOICE of the option topic!! I wish we have that too :( Astrophysics is really far more interesting than Med :mad1:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
airie said:
*shock*

You actually have the CHOICE of the option topic!! I wish we have that too :( Astrophysics is really far more interesting than Med :mad1:
Well, a choice out of astrophysics or medical physics, but still a choice, but only available if the physics classes run on the same lines.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
Either medical physics, astrophysics or quanta to quarks.

Here's the thing:

Teacher absolutely adores quanta to quarks.

Last year's class basically all wanted to do astrophysics. Teacher considered they "all jumped ship" on him, sat at the front of every physics class, read his newspaper and basically refused to teach!
This year's class will probs (not def) want to do astrophysics...teacher will sulk again.

My predicament: atm I don' really see any 'real' use of astrophysics or quanta to quarks so I might to medical physics but it might be just me on my own. Also my teacher isn't the most competent of teachers, so maybe I might do q2q to keep them happy and cuz it seems it's the only thing they know stuff on well. But Atm I really have no passion for q2q. :confused:

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
Everybody - DO MEDICAL PHYSICS!!!!!!

It's the easiest, the shortest and the HSC questions are always straightforward. :):)

The option topic is worth 25 marks - Medical physics is 25 easy marks. No one is going to care which option you did - they are all worth 25 marks and so why put yourself through unecessary stress trying to learn one of the hard options?

In our class, we couldn't agree so everybody did their own option. Most people did astrophysics - which is much longer and requires a lot more study because there are more things they can ask you.

I was ranked second, and in the trial got 23/25 while the guy who was ranked first in the class and did astro only got 18/25. Let the numbers do the talking!

I hope I have convinced some of you to do medical physics - you wont regret it :):):)

Last edited:

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
really ?
we didnt have a choice after all , but THANK GOD we're doing medical physics !
the other ones all sound useless to the career im planning to take anyway.
cant wait for it x]
lol thanks for the info ianc !

Shortbreads

HSC
Yay! Physics!

But to tell you the truth I don't know what option we're doing. I think our teacher was tossing up between astrophysics and quanta to quarks. I think they usually do astrophysics, but he's given us the choice to study whatever we want independantly. Yay! Flexibility!

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
ianc said:
Everybody - DO MEDICAL PHYSICS!!!!!!

It's the easiest, the shortest and the HSC questions are always straightforward. :):)

The option topic is worth 25 marks - Medical physics is 25 easy marks. No one is going to care which option you did - they are all worth 25 marks and so why put yourself through unecessary stress trying to learn one of the hard options?

In our class, we couldn't agree so everybody did their own option. Most people did astrophysics - which is much longer and requires a lot more study because there are more things they can ask you.

I was ranked second, and in the trial got 23/25 while the guy who was ranked first in the class and did astro only got 18/25. Let the numbers do the talking!

I hope I have convinced some of you to do medical physics - you wont regret it :):):)
really ? i thought astrophysics was easy ... plus the teacher plans to finish off cosmic engine the unfinished preliminary topic alongside astrophysics

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Shortbreads said:
Yay! Physics!

But to tell you the truth I don't know what option we're doing. I think our teacher was tossing up between astrophysics and quanta to quarks. I think they usually do astrophysics, but he's given us the choice to study whatever we want independantly. Yay! Flexibility!
studying it urself ? =S
isnt that a lil dodgy , in terms of completely understanding it ? how does ur teacher help in thise case ?

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
studying it urself ? =S
isnt that a lil dodgy , in terms of completely understanding it ? how does ur teacher help in thise case ?
We had people do options on their own, they did well because they really wanted to do it rather than be grouped in with the rest of the gang.

I suppose the teacher would answer questions or explain certain parts but I imagine most of it to be independent learn/individually motivated work.

andykillz

HSC
Girraween has been doing astrophysics for ages. And suddenly this year they are doing Medical physics. Not that there is something wrong with this, but it feels risky, like as if we are their guinea pigs to test out if this option will work or not.

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
hello! :wave: okay i'm a bit late...

anyway we're doing medical...can't wait!
I looked at 2006 hsc paper and the questions for med phys were really straight forward... nothing tricky in disguise, just copy pasted from the syllabus.

good luck everyone :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)